Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education Bursary 2023. Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 31 October 2022
Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education Bursary 2023
Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education (SITFE) invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the fields of Agriculture, Engineering and Science, at any public University, University of Technology or Agricultural College in South Africa, for students from KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga AND to children of sugarcane farm workers, who has registered or applied to study in ANY field of study.
Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within KwaZulu-Natal or Mpumalanga province (known as the “sugarcane growing provinces”)
- You must be from the “Missing Middle” group (i.e. you must have a total combined family income of between R350 000 and R600 000 per annum)
- You must fall into either 1 of these categories:
- have registered or applied to study towards an Agriculture, Engineering or Science qualification, at a University or University of Technology in South Africa
- have enrolled or applied to study at either of these Agricultural colleges: Cedara College of Agriculture or Owen Sithole College of Agriculture
- be a child of a sugarcane farm worker, who has registered or applied to study in ANY field of study, at a University, University of Technology or Agricultural College in South Africa (children of sugarcane farm workers are exempt from the “missing middle” requirement)
- Preference will be given to students in their 1st year of study
How to apply for Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education Bursary
Download and complete the SITFE Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final trial results and statement of results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Tertiary final exam results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of connection to the sugar industry connection, if applicable
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (payslips if employed, pension receipts if on pension, affidavit if unemployed) (certified copy)
- Death certificate if a parent is deceased (certified copy)
- Proof of application or registration at an University, University of Technology or Agricultural College for 2023 (on institutions letterhead)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SITFE Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).
Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education
c/o South African Sugar Association
P O Box 700
Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for the Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education Bursary is 31 October 2022. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
Please do NOT contact Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education if this bursary has already closed.