Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary 2023. Bushbuckridge Local Municipality invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: January 21, 2023
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary 2023
The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality was named after the large herds of bushbuck spotted in this location, as well as the WNW-ESE ridge which is a prominent feature in the south east. It is Mpumalanga’s largest local municipality, according to its population and land mass.
The Municipality is based in the north eastern part of Mpumalanga and south eastern part of Limpopo, and also includes a section of the Kruger National Park. It is a presidential nodal point and third-level administrative division of Mpumalanga’s Ehlanzeni District. The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality is surrounded by the Limpopo’s Mopani District Municipality the north, by the Nkomazi Local Municipality and Mbombela Local Municipality to the south, by Mozambique to the east and by Maruleng Local Municipality and Thaba Chweu Local Municipality to the west.
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary Eligible Fields
The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality is inviting students residing within the Bushbuckridge area, to apply for their bursary award, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students who intend on studying within any of these fields:
- Accounting (BCom)
- Agricultural Studies
- Computer Science
- Development Studies
- Financial Management
- Information Technology (IT)
- Public Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Social Science
- Tourism Management
- Urban and Regional Planning/ Town Planning
- Youth in Development
- other Management studies
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary Selection Process
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 21 February 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback within a month of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the municipal area of the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality
- You must be from a disadvantaged and indigent family
- You must have completed Matric
- You must intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields above, in 2023 (students who are already studying will not be funded)
- You must be registered or accepted to study at an accredited higher education institution
- You must be in financial need
How to Apply for Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary
Download and complete the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or Matric June results, if you have not yet received your Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or acceptance at a higher education institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension receipt if receiving pension, death certificate if deceased, letter from a social worker if orphaned)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of indigent status (letter from local social worker)
- Proof of disability from a registered medical doctor/ hospital/ clinic, if disabled
Applications must be delivered to the Head Office or closest Municipal Regional Office.
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary is 21 January 2023. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality directly:
Contact person: Mr Steve Maunye
Cell: 071 607 8090
Tel: 013 004 0292
Please do NOT contact the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality if this bursary has already closed.