Standard Bank Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Standard Bank Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Standard Bank Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Standard Bank Bursary 2023. Standard Bank invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Established in 1862, the Standard Bank of South Africa Limited is one of the biggest financial services groups in the country. However, Standard Bank as they are known today was only formed in the year 1962, under the name The Standard Bank of South Africa, as a subsidiary of the British overseas bank Standard Bank.
Headquartered in Johannesburg, Standard Bank not only operate in South Africa, they also have operations in 20 other African countries. The company is the biggest lender in Africa by assets.
The bank is a leader in business and commercial banking within South Africa, with a wide range of financial solutions including Borrowing; Saving and Investing; Current Accounts; Electronic Banking; Cash and Liquidity Management; Fleet Management; Vehicle and Asset Finance.
Standard Bank is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, within the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Computer and Data Science
- Information Technology
What Does the Standard Bank Bursary Cover?
The bursary will provide full cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, textbooks, laptop, accommodation, medical aid and a living allowance, as well as mentoring and psychological support.
Candidates who pass the first stage of the application process will be invited to partake in a formal assessment process, which includes, but is not limited to: psychometric evaluation and an interview.
Standard Bank Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or registered to study towards a qualification within one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution within South Africa
- You must be entering your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or final year of undergraduate studies OR entering your postgraduate studies up to Master’s level
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in the most recent exams (June exams)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must meet the admission requirements of your university (if applying for postgraduate funding)
- You must be in financial need
How to Apply for Standard Bank Bursary 2023
Applications must be submitted online through: Standard Bank Bursary Application 2023
Applicants are required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
If you are having trouble applying, please visit the Help Center or the official Standard Bank Bursary page.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable)
Standard Bank Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for the Standard Bank Bursary is 30 September 2022. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to these bursary programmes, please contact Standard Bank directly:
Contact person: Susan Dube
Please do NOT contact Standard Bank if this bursary has already closed.