KPMG Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for KPMG Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the KPMG Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for KPMG Bursary 2023. Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: Open all year round.
Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) was established in the year 1987 by a merger between Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG) and Peat Marwick International. However, KPMG in South Africa has roots all the way back to 1895 when Alexander Aiken started his Public Accountant and Auditor business in Johannesburg. At the core of KPMG is 2 major firms – Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. and Aiken & Carter.
The international firm offers a range of services including audit, advisory and tax services to global clients. At present, the company has an impressive global employee base of more than 162 000 staff members.
What does the KPMG bursary cover?
KPMG is inviting students to apply for their 2 types of bursaries, for studies towards a SAICA accredited Chartered Accountant, or CAs(SA) qualification:
- The Pure Merit Bursary will be awarded based on academic results alone, for students who don’t need extensive funding
- The Merit Bursary with Financial Needs will be awarded based on academic results AND financial need, for students who would otherwise not be able to attend university.
- Both of these bursaries will be awarded to students with great academic results.
- Applicants should only apply for ONE bursary award – please do not submit applications for other bursary opportunities.
- You should apply for the Merit Bursary with Financial Needs ONLY if you require full student funding and would NOT be able to complete your studies without extra financial support.
- The bursary will be awarded on condition that the recipient maintains their academic achievements throughout the duration of study.
- After assessing all applications, successful candidates will receive a formal Bursary Contract with the full details of the bursary.
On completion of studies, the student will be required to serve a 3 year training contract/ learnership at either of the KPMG offices (Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town or Port Elizabeth).
KPMG bursary requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards a SAICA recognised degree
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a SAICA recognised tertiary institution
- You must have a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KPMG BURSARY
Download and complete the KPMG Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- University official fee statement, no older than 2 weeks (on university letterhead)
- Statement of any additional costs (such as residence)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results (on university letterhead)
If applying for a Merit with Financial Need bursary, please add:
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ 3 months bank statements AND utility bill if unemployed)
- Proof of other financial assistance
Applications must be submitted via email to to the office where you intend on completing your articles:
- Johannesburg or Durban office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cape Town office: email@example.com
- Port Elizabeth office: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “KPMG Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
KPMG bursary closing date
None – submission of applications are open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact KPMG directly:
Tel: 011 647 7111
Please do NOT contact KPMG if this bursary has already closed.