The Product team at Mr D is passionate about creating experiences that satisfy & delight our customers, while ensuring we continuously acquire and retain customers to exceed our growth objectives. As Product Manager-Search and Discovery you will be responsible for owning the strategy, roadmap, growth and execution of the search, discovery and advertising product portfolio within the Mr D customer facing apps (Android, iOS and Web). This includes everything related to registration, search, and discovering promotions/items/restaurants on our home page. This is a critical part of improving customer experience and overall conversion rates.
- Engage with subject matter experts to analyze trade-offs and resolve priority conflicts
- Collaborate and communicate effectively cross functionally to drive implementation of these specifications. (i.e define objectives and success metrics, business rules, epics/user stories, write acceptance criteria and wireframes).
- Define and deliver a roadmap to execute on the product strategy
- Maintain and prioritise the product backlog through collaboration with the Head of product, Product lead , multiple business stakeholders and senior management.
- Manage the execution and rollout of features in the customer facing apps including any growth/CRM related features. This includes the entire product development cycle from design, documentation, implementation, testing and launch to success metric monitoring.
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done (not scared to get hands dirty)
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Invision, Balsamiq, Sketch or similar tools for wireframing/designing solutions.
- At least 3-5 years experience as a Product Manager or similar role in a tech/mobile application company with a history of growth (Preferably in an eCommerce and mobile environment).
- Tertiary education degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Information Systems or relevant industry experience in a similar field would be beneficial.
- Company: Takealot
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.takealot.com.