Website The Presidency
The Presidency of South Africa invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Chief Financial Officer.
- Post : Chief Financial Officer
- Salary: R1 269 951 per annum (level 14) (All inclusive remuneration package)
- Ref: PRES/1/2022
- Centre: Pretoria
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- The Chief Financial Officer’s core functions are to assist the Accounting Officer to carry out his or her financial management responsibilities, in areas ranging from budget preparation to financial reporting and the development and maintenance of internal control policies and procedure.
- He/she will: make a contribution to the financial aspects of the strategic planning process, ensure that internal financial targets and budgets are fully consistent with the strategic plan and relevant agreements with government, manage working capital, assets and liabilities, internal control, accounting and finance, expenditure and revenue management, exercise effective budgetary control; which requires monitory systems that warn of impending overspending of a vote or main division of any impending under collection of revenue or shortfall in budgeted revenue, meet reporting requirements as required in terms of financial management legislation such as PFMA, Treasury Regulations and DoRA, submit all reports, returns, notices and other information as required by the executive authority, Legislature, the relevant treasury, Auditor-General and internal audit, manage the departmental budget in accordance with departmental strategy and relevant prescripts, co-ordinate and ensure effective and efficient performance of the Financial Management and Supply Chain Management function in all components of the Department, develop and maintain measures to prevent fraud and mal-administration, ensure strict adherence to the provisions of the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (Act 5 of 2000), oversee the preparation and analysis of the Annual Financial Statements for the Department, strategically engage with auditors and provide appropriate and timely responses to audit queries.
- An appropriate Degree/ or equivalent (NQF level 7) in Accounting, Finance, Financial Management as well as a Minimum of 5 years’ SMS experience.
- Postgraduate qualification in Bachelor of Accounting Science, Bcompt Honours, Bcom Accounting Honours will be an added advantage.
- Registration as a Chartered Accountant will serve as an added advantage.
- It is expected of the successful candidate to have advanced communication skills, both oral and writing.
- Client orientation and customer focus, honesty and integrity, service delivery innovation, willingness to work extended hours, when necessary, problem solving and analysis, knowledge management, negotiation skills and analytical skills are a prerequisite, as is financial management and management accounting, strategic capability leadership, business planning and design, program and project management, people management and empowerment, performance measurement, change management and stakeholder management. good understanding of government policies, programmes, strategies, projects and plans, Constitution, Public Service Act, Public Service Regulatory Framework, Public Finance Management Act, Medium Term Expenditure Framework and Budget process, Division of Revenue Act, Income Tax Act, Supply Chain Management, Treasury Regulations and associated practice notes, financial accounting (including principles of GAAP/GRAP), management accounting, cost accounting, internal control, internal and external audit, information systems, Government systems, strategic understanding and knowledge of the application of the constitutional values and principles, good knowledge and ability to use appropriate research methodologies, monitoring and evaluation methods, tools and techniques, knowledge of assessment and reviews techniques.
Directions to Applicants:
How to Apply
For enquiries, contact : Ms Lucia Mphahlele Tel No: (012) 300 5865
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org