At Amazon we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented and driven people. If you’d like to help us build our Public Sector team then this is your chance to make history.
The Public Sector Global Lead Development Team is expanding in South Africa! As a Lead Development Representative (LDR) covering the SSA markets, you will be an important member of the account management organization, playing a critical role in qualifying leads, profiling customers and providing input on which lead development campaigns generate the best leads. Working in collaboration with your global peers, marketing, account managers and the partner channel, your primary objective is to identify and create qualified opportunities for the team you support.
- Generate interest and provide vision of the portfolio of AWS solutions to potential customers
- Provide account management team with detailed call notes to ensure the opportunity is understood and next steps are clearly defined
- Present a high level, technical solution to diverse audiences which include AWS colleagues, prospects and customers relevant to target industry or market
- Understand customer pain points, gather technical requirements and correlate business value to customer needs
Understand existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing
- Manage incoming leads in a timely manner in a wider geographical region (multiple countries)
- Conduct discussions with prospects and existing customers over the phone to identify and qualify opportunities
- Update and maintain customer information within SalesForce.com
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College/University Degree or equivalent experience
- Technical interest with relevant experience in IT prospecting or sales
- Experience using a CRM/Customer Relationship Management tool
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.