The Independent Development Trust (IDT) invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Programme Manager: Social Infrastructure.
The IDT is a Schedule 2 Public Entity, established as a development management agency. Its primary role is to influence, support and add value to the national agenda. The IDT is mandated to measurably impact on the eradication of poverty and to improve the quality of life of poor, rural and marginalised communities. To assist us in achieving this, we wish to appoint dynamic individuals in the following positions:
- Post: Programme Manager: Social Infrastructure
- Job Level: DL
- Region : KwaZulu Natal
- Location : Durban
- Duration : 5 Year Contract
- Portfolio : Programme Management Services Unit
- Reporting : Portfolio Manager: Social Infrastructure
- Application Closing Date: 16 October 2022
Main purpose of the job : To provide leadership and oversight for the planning, implementation and reporting of social infrastructure programmes falling within a defined sector.
- Programme planning,
- Programme implementation monitoring,
- Programme performance information management, Sector expertise,
- Competence building and professional development,
- Technical support and advise,
- General Functions and Sub – unit leadership and management.
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree (NQF level 7) in the Built Environment i.e. Building Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering and Construction Management.
- A formal qualification in Project Management, Management or Development studies is a must.
- Registration with the South African Council for Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP) as a professional Construction Manager (PrCM) and or Professional Construction Project Manager (PrCPM), or any other Professional registration within the built environment will also be considered (i.e. PrEng, PrArch, PrQS etc.).
- An unendorsed Code EB (Code 08) drivers licence or equivalent.
Work Experience: A minimum of 6 years’ Project / Programme management experience in the Build environment including 3 years in a management role.
Competencies: Construction Programme and project management, Development facilitation; Sound knowledge of PFMA, Treasury SCM regulation, CIDB regulation; Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Quality assurance Relevant sector (e.g. Education, Health, Justice, Economic, Environment, Energy) knowledge
Skills: Advanced computer skills and proficiency, Analytical and interpretation, Business acumen, Meticulous, Problem solving, Effective communication, Interpersonal, Decision making, Proposal and report writing, Presentation AND Negotiation.
Enquiries : Sbusiso Memela at (012) 845 2091
The Independent Development Trust is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance the gender and racial representivity of the organisation, in accordance with its equity plan.
How to Apply
Applications must be accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae (including two contactable referees) as well as recently certified copies of all qualifications and the applicant’s identity document.
To apply, please forward all CVs to email@example.com.
Any questions about the application process may be directed to (012) 845 2000.
NOTE: The IDT reserves the right to place the candidate in a location and or project based on the business and operational requirements.
Confirmation of appointment will be subject to the applicant undergoing verifications check and confirmation of the applicant’s qualifications. It is the responsibility of applicants to have any foreign qualifications verified by the South African Qualifications Authority. The IDT will respond only to shortlisted candidates, who will be interviewed on a date and at a time specified by the IDT. The IDT reserves the right not to appoint anyone to the above post, and to withdraw them, re-advertise them or fill them by way of transfer or deployment if this is considered in the interests of service delivery.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org