Bursaries for Horticulture in South Africa 2023: Are you looking for Horticulture bursaries in South Africa 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the various available bursaries for Horticulture students in South Africa 2023, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Applications are currently open for Horticulture bursaries in South Africa 2023.
Horticulture bursaries 2023 South Africa
Horticulture is the field of science that focuses on the development, durable production, marketing, and utilization of top-quality cultivated ornamental plants and foods. The crops that go through this process in Horticultural Science are diverse and range from annual and perennial species to decorative indoor plants, fruits and vegetables, and landscape plants. Horticulture is essential to the world as it increases the quality of life, the beauty we have on our planet, as well as the rehabilitation and sustainability of both the human condition and the environment we live in.
Horticulture helps society by ensuring that lives are enriched by sustaining plants, crops, and green species. This science also ensures that all are provided with food that is nutritious, and that many communities maintain a low carbon footprint.
To study a Bachelor’s Degree or any other tertiary qualification-related Horticulture (such as a Bachelors in Agriculture), you will need to have Mathematics and Life Sciences as subjects in high school. Some careers in the Horticultural field are Agricultural Engineering, Botany, Biochemistry, Ecology, Forestry, Groundskeeping, Habitat restoration science, and more.
Here are a list of bursaries and scholarships that fund Horticulture studies:
- Chris Hani District Municipality Bursary
- Citrus Academy Bursary
- Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) Bursary
- HORTGRO Bursary
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park Bursary
- KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary
- North West Provincial Government Bursaries
- SANBI Joan Wrench Scholarship
- South African Nursery Association Bursary
- South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) Bursary
- Subtrop SAAGA Bursary
- Subtrop Lindsey Milne Bursary
- UKZN College of Agriculture, Engineering, and Science Bursary
- Western Cape Department of Agriculture Bursary
- Westfalia Fruit Bursary
That’s all on my list of bursaries to study Horticulture in South Africa. I wish you success in your application.