Bursaries for Construction students in South Africa 2023: Are you looking for Construction bursaries in South Africa 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the various available bursaries to study Construction in South Africa 2023, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Construction bursaries in South Africa 2023.
Construction Bursaries for 2023
Construction is about planning, designing, creating and finally building infrastructures or facilities. People that work within the construction sector, generally see the project through from start to finish.
If your passion lies in creating construction and seeing the project through until completion, this may be the best career path for you.
In order to qualify for a bursary and to study within the Built Environment sector, students should meet the following minimum criteria:
- South African citizen with a valid ID book,
- Completed Matric or currently in Matric,
- Studying or been accepted to study towards a qualification in the Construction at a recognized tertiary institution in the country,
- Obtained excellent academic results in Mathematics and possibly Science (depending on the chosen field),
- Have a passion and drive to complete their studies.
The building of a road, a monument, a dam, a timber structure, or even real estate assets are all key facilities that the construction industry is in charge of creating for our economy. Due to its investment-driven nature and high level of interest, the construction and building sector has a significant positive impact on the economy. Every nation needs the construction and building industries because government contracts enable them to further develop the infrastructure needed for transportation, health care, and education.
To become a builder, you will need to gain your education from apprenticeships, on-the-job training, or a degree in construction. You could begin your career in the industry with an entry-level job such as an apprentice or laborer, where a qualification is not a necessity. However, further completing a course, coupled with your practical experience will put you in higher steed in the industry as well as meet the minimum educational requirements needed to apply for your Builder’s License.
As for tertiary qualifications, you could obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, increasing your chance of finding employment. You could possibly begin in a management role as an entry-level employee with a 4-year degree in construction management/ relevant field. You may also get entry-level training from apprenticeship programs offered by companies and trade unions, which last 3 to 5 years, comprising of classroom and on-the-job training.
If you are looking for bursaries or funding for the Construction sector, here are some options for you:
- Absa Fellowship/ Scholarship Programme
- Access Trust Bursary
- Arup Education Trust Bursary
- ASLA Bursary
- Aveng Grinaker-LTA Bursary
- Bombela Civils Joint Venture Bursary
- CHS Developments Bursary
- City of Johannesburg Bursary
- CETA Thapelo Madibeng Bursary
- Department of Public Works Bursary
- Department of Tourism Bursary
- Drakenstein Municipality Bursary
- Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure Bursary
- Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Bursary
- GAST Bursary
- Gauteng Dept of Infrastructure Development Bursary
- Gauteng Department of Human Settlements Bursary
- Group Five Bursary
- Haw & Inglis Bursary
- Hillary Construction Bursary
- ILASA Bursary
- Islamic Relief Bursary
- KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary
- KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursaries
- Langeberg Municipality Bursary
- Leomat Construction Bursary
- Limpopo Department of Public Works Bursary
- Masakh’iSizwe (Department of Transport and Public Works) Bursary
- Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC) Bursary
- Megchem Bursary
- Mpumalanga Provincial Government Bursary
- Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) Bursary
- Murray & Roberts Bursary
- National Housing Finance Corporation (NHFC) Bursary
- North West Provincial Government Bursaries
- Oasis Bursary
- Palabora Mining Company Bursary
- Power Group Bursary
- Prince Albert Municipality Bursary
- Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) Bursary
- SACPLAN Bursary
- South African Property Owners Association (SAPOA) Bursary
- SKA South Africa Bursaries
- South African Council for Professional and Technical Surveyors Bursary
- South African Road Federation (SARF) Bursary
- Stefanutti Stocks Bursary
- Theewaterskloof Municipality Bursary
- Tiber Construction Bursary
- WBHO Bursary
- Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary
- WK Construction Bursary