Baker Hughes Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Baker Hughes Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Baker Hughes Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Baker Hughes Bursary 2023. Baker Hughes invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: July 31, 2023
Baker Hughes Bursary 2023
Baker Hughes is a global energy technology company, founded in 1907. Operating in more than 120 countries, it is one of the biggest oil field services companies in the world, providing products and services to the oil and gas industry.
Baker Hughes South Africa (Pty) Ltd was established in 1980. Located in Cape Town, Western Cape, the company is part of the Manufacturing Sector Industry, whose line of business includes wholesale distribution of industrial machinery and equipment.
Baker Hughes Bursary Eligible Fields
Baker Hughes is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
The bursary will be awarded for Undergraduate and Postgraduate (up to Honours degree) studies, within these fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Sales and Marketing
- Supply Chain & Logistics
What Does Baker Hughes Bursary Cover?
The bursary will provide cover for all expenses on your fee statement – this may include tuition, accommodation and other expenses, for the entire duration of your studies.
Baker Hughes bursary recipients will also be offered vacation work opportunities at the company, whereby they will gain industry experience. They will also be offered potential mentorship opportunities by experienced company employees and the possibility of employment after graduation.
Successful candidates will be contacted telephonically and via email. Do not contact Baker Hughes to enquire about the status of your application.
Baker Hughes Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification (up to Honours degree), in one of the fields listed above
- You must be in your 2nd or later year of study (1st year students will not be funded)
- You must be studying at 1 of the 26 public universities in South Africa
- You must NOT be receiving NSFAS funding or any other bursary funding
- You must have outstanding student debt from 2022 only (you must NOT have debt from previous years)
- You must have a family household income of less than R600 000 per annum (this excludes Baker Hughes employees and their children)
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
How to Apply for Baker Hughes Bursary
Applications must be submitted online via: Baker Hughes Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or both sides of ID card (certified copy: not older than 6 months)
- Full academic transcripts/ records (from 1st year until the end of 2022) (on institutions letterhead)
- Official fee statement, less than 30 days old (on tertiary letterhead and/or stamped) (NOT proof of registration or fee quotation)
- Proof of registration for the 2023 academic year
- Parents, guardians or spouse ID number, to verify combined family household income (only the ID number is required)
- Medical letter/ note stating the nature of your disability, if disabled
- Motivational letter focused on 2 aspects: how you would describe your personal brand and what makes your future worth investing in (maximum 1200 words)
Baker Hughes Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for Armscor Bursary is 31 July 2023. Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Baker Hughes directly:
Tel: 063 968 7544
Please do NOT contact Baker Hughes if this scholarship has already closed.