Bursaries for auditing students in South Africa 2023: Are you looking for auditing bursaries in South Africa 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the various available bursaries to study auditing in South Africa 2023, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for auditing bursaries in South Africa 2023. If you have a passion for numbers and for keeping order, you may be best suited to a career in the Auditing sector.
As qualified Accountants are considered one of the “scarce skills” in South Africa, there are many large corporations seeking to help students gain qualifications into the finance field by way of a bursary programme.
Whether you intend on studying towards an accounting degree/ diploma/ certificate, here are a list of big companies offering accounting degrees and scholarships for South African students in need of financial assistance to complete their studies.
Auditing bursaries in South Africa 2023
Auditing is an on-site verification process, such as the examination or inspection of a quality system to ensure that it meets compliance requirements.
An Auditors main responsibility in a business is to ensure that all financial records are accurately kept by reviewing all transactions systematically. The business owners have the responsibility to ensure that their accounting books are maintained, which Auditors then annually look at. Auditors are there to aid business owners in locating problems within their company. Once auditing is complete, the business will receive an audit report, explaining whether records were inaccurate, accurate, and/or missing.
There are 2 types of Auditors in business: internal and external Auditors.
Internal Auditors are appointed by the business owner to conduct auditing, thus checking company goals and preventing financial flaws. Internal Auditors examine business management and operations, as well as update board members and shareholders on the company’s finances.
External auditing is auditing performed by a third party (e.g. SARS, insurance company, etc.). External audits may take a look at the business’ complete financial records or just various aspects of its operations. All reports done by external Auditors are compiled using auditing standards.
To become an Auditor, you will need to obtain a relevant qualification (it is advised to work via an institution that has been endorsed by the IIA as they may offer internship programs.) Internships are fantastic as they can introduce you to the practical world of auditing. Next, you will need to become a member of a professional body (IIA SA brands), by doing this, you have an advantage as companies will want to employ branded professionals. You would then need to go through the IIA SA training program and then write the CIA exam/ specialty exam (if you wish to enhance your facilitation skills.) Lastly, you would need to adhere to the IIA SA requirements in order to maintain the professional IIA SA designations.
If this sounds like a career path you would be interested in following, here are a list of Auditing bursaries in South Africa 2023 to apply for:
- Breede Valley Municipality Bursary
- Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary
- Cape Winelands District Municipality Mayoral Bursary
- City of Cape Town Bursary
- City of Johannesburg Bursary
- Department of Tourism Bursary
- Drakenstein Municipality Bursary
- Garden Route District Municipality Bursary
- Gauteng Dept of Roads and Transport Bursary
- Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park Bursary
- KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary
- KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursaries
- Land Bank Bursary
- Langeberg Municipality Bursary
- Limpopo Provincial Treasury Bursary
- Mpumalanga Provincial Government Bursary
- Musina Local Municipality Bursary
- North West Provincial Government Bursaries
- NUMSA Bursary
- Overberg District Municipality Bursary
- Overstrand Municipality Bursary
- Palabora Mining Company Bursary
- Prince Albert Municipality Bursary
- Public Investment Corporation (PIC) Bursary
- Rand Water Bursary
- Ratlou Local Municipality Bursary
- Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) Bursary
- Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary
- SIOC Community Development Trust (SIOC-cdt) Bursary
- South African Forestry Company Limited (SAFCOL) Bursary
- Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary
- Swartland Municipality Bursary
- Tegkor/ Nelson Mandela University Bursary
- Theewaterskloof Municipality Bursary
- Vhembe District Municipality Mayoral Bursary
- West Coast District Municipality Bursary
- Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary