Western Cape Government Bursaries 2023: Are you looking for Western Cape Government Bursaries in South Africa 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the various available Western Cape Government Bursaries 2023, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Western Cape Government bursaries in South Africa 2023.
Western Cape Government Bursaries for 2023
The Western Cape is the fourth largest province in the country, the third most populated, and the tourist attraction hob. Approximately 2/3 of the people living in the Western Cape stay in Cape Town which is also the capital of the province and largest city, next to George.
The Western Cape has a rich history regarding the aid of the liberation of black people in South Africa. The province’s university students played a major role in the Black Consciousness Movement in the ’60s, as they organized marches. Individuals in the province also took part in strikes to fight against the harsh laws and restrictions from the Apartheid government.
The provincial government of the province was established under the Constitution of the Western Cape, adopted in 1998. Every 5 years, 42 members of the Western Cape Provincial Government are elected who are then responsible for legislating within the responsibilities of the national constitution. In 2019, the DA (Democratic Alliance) won the provincial election and as such, the current premier of the Western Cape is Alan Winde.
The Western Cape contributes to 14% of the country’s GDP and the province’s Human Development Index is the highest in the country. The major economic sectors of the province are real estate, financial, and business service, contributing to R43.7 billion as of 2008- Cape Town is the most entrepreneurial city in the country.
The Western Cape also has the most educated residents, with a very skilled workforce, compared to any other African Region. It has commendable education establishments such as the Universities of Cape Town and Western Cape, CPUT (Cape Peninsula University of Technology), Stellenbosch University, and the South African Military Academy.
If you are a resident of the Western Cape province, here are some Government bursaries you could apply for:
- Bergrivier Municipality Bursary
- Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursary
- Breede Valley Municipality Bursary
- Cape Agulhas Municipality Bursary
- Cederberg Municipality Bursary
- City of Cape Town Bursary
- Compensation Fund Bursary
- Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) Bursary
- Drakenstein Municipality Bursary
- FASSET Bursary
- Garden Route District Municipality Bursary
- Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary
- Knysna Municipality Bursary
- Langeberg Municipality Bursary
- Mossel Bay Municipality Bursary
- Oudtshoorn Municipality Bursary
- Overberg District Municipality Bursary
- Overstrand Municipality Bursary
- Prince Albert Municipality Bursary
- Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary
- Western Cape Department of Health Bursary
- Western Cape Dept of Agriculture – Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute Bursary
- Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary
- Cape Winelands District Municipality Bursary
- Masakh’iSizwe (WC Dept of Transport and Public Works) Bursary
- Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary
- Swartland Municipality Bursary
- West Coast District Municipality Bursary