Old Mutual Accounting Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Old Mutual Accounting Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Old Mutual Accounting Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Old Mutual Accounting Bursary 2023. Old Mutual invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Accounting Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 31 August 2022
Old Mutual is Southern Africa’s most well-established and biggest financial services provider, providing services to individuals and businesses. The companies personal finance solutions include a range of insurance cover options and savings plans for individuals, including financial planning; retirement planning; education planning; savings and investments; disability and severe illness cover; wills and trusts; short-term insurance life insurance and funeral cover.
The companies business solutions include institutional investing; retirement investments; consulting services; retirement fund solutions; corporate servicing; cell captive solutions; employee well being; risk and disability benefits; business insurance and agriculture insurance.
What Does the Old Mutual Accounting Bursary Cover?
Old Mutual is inviting students to apply for their Accounting Bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
The bursary will be awarded for studies towards a Chartered Accounting qualification, at any of these selected institutions: University of Cape Town, University of Stellenbosch, University of the Western Cape, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Free State, University of Fort Hare, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of South Africa, Rhodes University, North West University, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
The Old Mutual Accounting Bursary is aimed at young individuals who are passionate about making a career for themselves in Chartered Accounting.
Old Mutual Accounting Bursary Expenses Covered
The Old Mutual bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book allowance, general allowance, accommodation in residence and one return flight home each year if studying outside of your hometown. Students will also have the chance to partake in vacation work, during the holidays.
Bursary recipients will receive support for the full duration of their degree and students who achieve excellent grades will receive more incentives.
Once students have graduated, they will also receive the following opportunities: solo mentoring by a qualified and experienced CA, guaranteed employment, in-house rotation programme allowing you access to professional development in various areas and working alongside industry experts in various fields.
Old Mutual Accounting Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate Chartered Accounting qualification
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: University of Cape Town, University of Stellenbosch, University of the Western Cape, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Free State, University of Fort Hare, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of South Africa, Rhodes University, North West University, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% or level 6 for ALL subject in Matric (including English and Mathematics – NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- You must be committed to enter the Old Mutual CA Training Programme and work for the company after graduation
- You must have good communication skills (written and spoken)
- You must have good organisational skills
- You must have good time management skills
- You must have strong mathematical skills
- You must have business interest and awareness
- You must be committed and self-motivated
- You must take initiative
- You must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You must have strong leadership qualities
- You must have integrity
- You must be trustworthy
- You must have good interpersonal skills
- You must be a logical thinker
- You must have a creative mind
- You must have good judgement and decision-making skills
How to Apply for Old Mutual Accounting Bursary
Applications must be submitted online at: Old Mutual Accounting Bursary Application 2022
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
Old Mutual Accounting Bursary Online Application
- Complete the online application form by filling in personal information and academic results.
- After completing step 1, students will be required to complete online gamified assessments and a psychometric assessment.
- After completing step 2, students will receive an email to complete the digital application form – this form will ask students to explain why they would like to apply for the Old Mutual Bursary and why they are interested in a career in Accounting.
- After completing step 3, students will be invited to an online interview – the interview will assess students true interest in Accounting and give the team a chance to get to know you better.
Old Mutual Accounting Bursary Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of application for Old Mutual Accounting Bursary 2023 is 31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Old Mutual directly:
Tel: 021 504 7285 / 021 509 2656
Email: email@example.com (for technical issues when applying).
Please do NOT contact Old Mutual if this bursary has already closed.