North West Department of Health Bursaries 2023 – Are you looking for North West Department of Health Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the North West Department of Health Bursaries 2023, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for North West Department of Health Bursaries 2023. The North West Department of Health invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 10 February 2023
North West Department of Health Bursaries 2023
The North West Department of Health is a sector of the South African government, committed to rendering health services to the province that are accessible, equitable and integrated quality.
The North West Department of Health is inviting students residing within the North West Province, to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies at the North West College of Nursing (at the Klerksdorp or Mafikeng Campus), towards a 3-year Diploma in Nursing leading to registration as a General Nurse (SANC R171).
There will be 50 bursaries awarded for studies at Klerksdorp Campus and 40 bursaries awarded for studies at Mafikeng Campus.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 90 days of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Due to the large amount of applications anticipated to be received, the Department cannot acknowledge every application.
North West Department of Health Bursaries Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the North West province
- You must have completed a Senior Certificate or National Senior Certificate
- Senior Certificate Matriculants:
- you must have achieved a minimum C symbol (Standard Grade) or D symbol (Higher Grade) for English
- you must have achieved a minimum C symbol (Standard Grade) or D symbol (Higher Grade) for Biology/ Physiology
- your other subjects must add up to a minimum APS score of 18 points (A symbol, Higher Grade 6, Standard Grade 5 / B symbol, Higher Grade 5, Standard Grade 4 / C symbol, Higher Grade 4, Standard Grade 3 / D symbol, Higher Grade 3, Standard Grade 2 / E symbol, Higher Grade 2, Standard Grade 1 / F symbol, Higher Grade 1, Standard Grade 0)
- National Senior Certificate Matriculants:
- you must have you must have achieved a minimum of level 4 for English
- you must have you must have achieved a minimum of level 4 for Life Sciences
- you must have you must have achieved a minimum of level 4 for any other 2 approved NSC subjects (except Life Orientation)
- your other subjects must add up to a minimum APS score of 23 points (7 (80 – 100%) NSC rating, APS score 7 / 6 (70 – 79%) NSC rating, APS score 6 / 5 (60 – 69%) NSC rating, APS score 5 / 4 (50 – 59%) NSC rating, APS score 4 / 3 (40 – 49%) NSC rating, APS score 3 / 2 (30 – 39%) NSC rating, APS score 2 / 1 (0 – 29%) NSC rating, APS score 1)
- You must intend on studying towards a 3-year Diploma in Nursing, at the North West College of Nursing, in 2023
- You must meet the pre entry assessments of the College
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be financially needy
- You must be unemployed
- You must NOT have previously received bursary funding from any government departments
- Candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply, as long as their disability will allow them to carry out nursing activities
How to Apply for North West Department of Health Bursaries
Download and complete the North West Department of Health Bursary Application Form 2023 (.doc)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or smart card (certified copy)
- Matric National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of residence: letter from the Tribal office or the local Municipality office (not water statement of account)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension payslip if receiving pension, death certificate if deceased)
- Medical Certificate if disabled
- Section F of the application form must be signed by the applicant or their parents or guardians.
- Application forms must have a South African Police Stamp or Commissioner of Oaths.
- Documents must have been certified within the last 3 months and not older.
- Applications submitted via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
Applications must be submitted to the College within your district:
Students from Bojanala District (Moretele and Madibeng Subdistricts), Dr Kenneth Kaunda District and Dr Ruth Segomotsi Mompati District, must submit their applications to:
Private Bag A19
Students from Bojanala District (Kgetleng, Rustenburg and Moses Kotane Sub-districts) and Ngaka Modiri Molema District, must submit their applications to:
Private Bag X2178
North West Department of Health Bursary Closing date
The closing date for the submission of applications for the North West Department of Health Bursaries 2023 is 10 February 2023. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the North West Department of Health directly:
Klerksdorp Campus – Tel: 018 406 8600
Mafikeng Campus – Tel: 018 392 0600
Please do NOT contact North West Department of Health if this bursary has already closed.