Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented DC Industrial Engineer to join our team in the Cape Town Distribution Center. We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Capture, design and make recommendations to process flow through risk, security and productivity gap analysis.
- Design and conduct time and motion studies to develop standard work routines; best practises and realistic/measurable productivity expectations.
- Performing routine audits of systems and operational processes.
- Conduct RCA to identify uncommon and everyday issues within DC operations.
- Evaluate core processes within the DC operation and integrate them in a unique and creative way to solve business problems.
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities and risks in storage optimisation; material handling and process conformance.
- Previous experience in mini project management.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Project Management experience
- Experience in FMCG and Retail industry beneficial
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience within DC operations
- Previous experience with WMS systems such as Oracle, Manhattan, Red Prairie, SAP, Highjump or similar is beneficial
- Company: Takealot
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.takealot.com.