The Enterprise systems engineer will be responsible for the system planning and design, systems analysis and technical support. He will also provide coaching and monitor junior employees to ensure the departmental and firms technology goals are met. This role partners with the operations management teams in managing day-to-day operations regarding enterprise systems to improve service delivery within the context of Hosting, Database, Data Protection, Virtualization, Vulnerability Management and Cloud technologies.
- Oversees the detailed execution of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise.
- Manages risk evaluation and compliance management processes.
- Drives the formulation of IT policies, procedures, and performance management processes and measures.
- Analysing data and infrastructure to determine inefficiencies and problems.
- Validate remedial actions and ensure compliance with information security policy and regulatory requirements.
- Drives on-premises and cloud infrastructure planning, engineering, deployment, and migration.
- Basic knowledge of business operations and processes
- Expert knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs
- Project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage projects within the scope of Enterprise Systems.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Server Operating Systems, Windows and Linux
- Nutanix or similar Enterprise Infrastructure
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience as a systems engineer.
- VxBlock or similar Enterprise Infrastructure
- Microsoft Azure deployments and DevOps
- Company: PwC
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.pwc.co.za.