As a Software Development Engineer you will help to architect, implement, support and maintain scalable services in a heterogeneous environment. You will be able to influence both business and architectural decisions, while working on end-to-end technology solutions.
- Develop, enhance and maintain backend systems in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, with an emphasis on Python.
- Work closely with developers, professional services team and product managers to design the software solutions with a focus on reliability, performance and usability.
- Build systems to scale with our growth of business, leveraging new technologies and AWS Cloud services.
- Apply and foster best software development life cycle practices bringing speed and quality to your team.
- Passion for learning new skills and appreciation to invent and simplify.
- Thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO concepts, data structures and algorithms.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with REST, Python, Java and Linux.
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Information Technology/Computer Science Degree AND a Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Company: Takealot
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.takealot.com.