ROAD ACCIDENT FUND (RAF)
The Road Accident Fund’s (RAF’s) mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner, and to actively promote the safe use of our roads.
- Full Time
- EE/AA, Non EE/AA
The RAF invites suitably qualified graduates to apply for its Graduate Development Programme in the Technology and Digital Department. The programme will run for a period of 18 to 24 months.
The graduates in training will be developed in their roles as part of a formal development programme to ensure that experience is acquired, and sufficient skills are available to the business. They will learn how to apply theory in practice as part of the programme outcomes.
Purpose of the Graduate Development Programme
The Graduate Development Programme offers opportunities for the development of young, high-potential individuals from diverse backgrounds for our future growth, including an opportunity for relevant work experience that aligns with the graduates’ skill sets and identified talents.
The programme will provide graduates with real work experience to explore and expand their raw talents within this department. It focuses on developing and honing technical, business and leadership skills as well as setting the stage for dynamic growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
Developmental outcomes and deliverables for the respective programmes will include, but not be limited to the ones below:
Technology and Digital Security and Cyber Security
- Motor Vehicle Accident Processes and Procedures
- Data Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Network Analysis and Monitoring
- Cyber Security
- SAP Security
Role and duties
- Ensure that all IT modules of the development programme are completed within the specified time frame.
- Adhere to organisational policies, standards, and procedures.
- Capture and report information.
- Report and communicate ideas and recommendations.
- Ensure effective team relationships and support.
- Build and maintain partnerships and relationships with all stakeholders within the business and communities.
- Engage relevant stakeholders to gain the necessary business and community context.
Technical and behavioural competencies required
The successful candidate will be required to display the following competencies in this role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation
- Desire and potential to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Basic report-writing skills
- Planning, organising, and coordinating skills
- Personal Mastery
- Judgement and decision-making skills
- Ethics and Values
- Client service orientation skills
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Certified copy of Grade 12/ NQF 4 level certificate.
- Certified copy of B Degree in Information Technology, majoring in IT Security, Network and System Administration or second-semester final year study results.
- Certified copy of your ID.
- Certified copy of Academic Transcript, for prospective graduates who have successfully completed their qualification at the time of this advertisement.
- Your CV and motivational letter.
The graduates will be awarded a monthly stipend.
Terms and Conditions / Instructions
- Prospective graduates completing their final-year studies or qualified graduates are invited to apply for one of the two programmes. Please specify the programme you are applying for clearly and include its reference number.
- Contract of Employment: A fixed-term contract of appointment for the duration of the graduate programme.
- Date of employment: 01 February 2023.
- Location: RAF Head Office, Centurion.
- Prospective graduates who are completing their final-year studies and have not presented their final academic results by 31 January 2023 will not be admitted to the programme.
- Prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are underrepresented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan.
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful.
Pension Fund Contribution
Flexible working hours
Full/Part Medical Aid Contribution
Paid Annual Leave
The benefits listed are applicable to the company and can differ depending on the position or department.
To apply for this job please visit www.pnet.co.za.