Website NATIONAL CREDIT REGULATOR (NCR)
The National Credit Regulator (NCR) was established as the regulator under the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 (the Act) and is responsible for the regulation of the South African credit industry. It is tasked with carrying out education, research, policy development, registration of industry participants, i.e. credit providers, credit bureaux and debt counsellors, investigation of complaints, and enforcement of the Act.
The Act requires the Regulator to promote the development of an accessible credit market, particularly to address the needs of historically disadvantaged persons, low income persons, and remote, isolated or low density communities.
The NCR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position.
APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER & SUPPORT
Paterson Grade: C-Lower
Salary ranges from R 159 100 – R 302 300 maximum
- The successful candidate will hold a relevant Degree/National Diploma in Information Technology/Computer Science/ Information Systems or equivalent
- 3-4 years’ experience in ICT applications development, implementation, support and maintenance / enhancements environment.
- Evaluating and analysing user requests and business requirements to develop applications within the MS Windows environment.
- Developing business applications in line with SDLC and Agile methodologies and ensure it meets business requirements.
- Analysing, developing, deploying, maintaining and supporting existing and new applications/systems.
- Build and develop SQL databases which under pin the systems and perform data backup and migration.
- Perform unit and integration testing and fix bugs or defects on business applications.
- Assisting in user acceptance testing on the developed / changes on existing business applications.
- Preparing detailed design flow charts (process flow) which show the logical operations and steps of the system and from which the program code will be built to meet the desired outcomes.
- Document applications built in terms of program development, logic, coding and corrections.
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects (root cause analysis).
- Assist in developing user, training manual and training user for new implemented business applications.
- Research on components that can be used in the development environment.
- Applications development using C#, VB.Net,ASP.NET Web-forms, XML, MVC, HTML and other software development tools.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, MySQL and Ms Access.
- Report writing using Ms SQL report services.
- Data analysis using SQL Server integration services.
- Project management methodologies and life cycle.
- Agile methodologies and life cycle.
- Knowledge of SDLC.
- Web and windows Services development (APIs), Service Oriented Architecture and UML.
- Microsoft dynamics 2016 – Great Plains.
- Integrate new software with existing systems.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- File Transfer Protocol monitoring.
- Communication skills.
- Experience in application design by utilizing SDLC and Agile.
- Systems and business analysis.
- Competent in project management support activities.
Closing date: 3 November 2022
The National Credit Regulator is an equal opportunity organisation which offers competitive market related packages. Suitable persons should send a detailed CV quoting the relevant reference number to: IF-Recruitment@ncr.org.za
Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. The National Credit Regulator reserves the right not to make an appointment.
To apply for this job email your details to IF-Recruitment@ncr.org.za