Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post ofSurvey Technician.
- Directorate : Land Use Management
- Post : Survey Technician
- Salary: R316 536 per annum
- Salary Level: Grade A
- Ref: ST/LUM/COGTA/30
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Assist with survey support to municipalities and Traditional Councils in support if integrated human settlement.
To organize, execute and process all survey related data to set standards and supply processed survey (cartography) related information, plans and provide technical support; .
- Compilation and provision of cadastral data, information and plans in digital and hardcopy formats for topographical survey mapping for human settlements;
- Preparation of subdivision plans and sketches, as well as topographical survey drawings using appropriate technology;
- Quality control of outsourced survey work to ensure compliance with prescribed standards;
- The provision of technical expertise and advice to the private and public sectors relating to cadastral data and surveying. Competencies:
- Knowledge of the following:
- Survey design and analysis; .
- Research and development; .
- Technical report writing;
- Proven computer literacy (computer aided survey applications);
- Communication (written and verbal) skills;;
- Spatial perception and Technical skills;
- Planning and organizational skills and conflict management.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/Degree in Survey; Compulsory registration with PLATO as a Survey Technician/Surveyor.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification technical (Survey) experience.
- A valid driver’s license (code B).
- Experience with cadastral data calculation and compilation will be advantageous.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.