Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- To follow prepared treatment protocols and make adaptations as needed.
- Implement appropriate home programmes including functional activities.
- Provide an Occupational Therapy support services as defined within the scope
- To manufacture, issue assistive devices, undertake care- giver training and management of the patient.
- Undertake individual and group treatment of Paediatrics and adults presenting with physical, psychiatric, developmental conditions. To undertake administrative duties e.g. accurate record keeping, statistics, maintenance of stock and equipment
- Preparation of patient and the rehabilitation / work area for treatment.
- Ability to implement therapeutic programmes under supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Ability to organize self, duties allocated for efficient time management
- Good interpersonal skills to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of wheelchairs and assistive devices.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Current registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an Occupational Therapy Technician
- Occupational Therapy Technician Certificate / or equivalent qualification as an Occupational Therapy Technician.
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent
- Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.kznhealth.gov.za.