Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Ensure the effective, efficient and economical management of allocated technical resources of the Division.
- Oversee the daily functions of the technical resources based in the districts.
- Manage potential risks and mitigation strategies.
- Manage the maintenance and upgrading of computer systems and software.
- Prepare and implement plans to ensure ongoing mentoring and training for the technical resources.
- Ensure that the technical resources are equipped with the necessary tools and resources to perform their functions.
- Manage the allocated assets and the related finances to ensure the effective utilization and delivery of services.
- Manage the performance of the technical resourcesEnsure that the technical resources attend to IT related queries timorously.
- Ensure that the technical resources are aware of and adhering to the relevant Departmental policies and procedures.
- Arrange regular meetings and workshops with the technical resources and key stakeholders.
- Establish processes to address any queries or challenges that may arise at these meetings.
- Take ownership of district issues assigned to the technicians and follow problems through to resolution.
- Provide continuous, professional, accurate and consistent feedback to senior management.
- Possess knowledge of Conditions of Employment.
- Have Knowledge of skills Development Act.
- Have knowledge of Promotion of Access to Information Act.
- Have knowledge Occupation Health and Safety Act.
- Possess knowledge of Public Service Act and Regulations.
- Have knowledge of Employment Equity Act.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of three (3) years operational experience in an Information Communication Technology management environment.
- Unendorsed valid Code B driver’s licence (Code 08)
- An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree/ National Diploma in Information Communication Technology (ICT) PLUS;
- Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.kznhealth.gov.za.