Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
DEPUTY DIRECTOR: RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION REF NO: 3/2/1/2022/680
Directorate: Human Resource Administration
Re-advertisement, applicants who applied previously are encouraged to re- apply.
Salary: R766 584 per annum (Level 11), all-inclusive package to be structed in accordance with the rules for MMS
Location: Gauteng (Pretoria)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and a National Diploma in Human Resource Management (NQF Level 6).
- Minimum of 3 years junior management experience in Recruitment and Selection environment.
Job related knowledge:
- Knowledge of human resource strategy, planning and systems.
- Human resource transformation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Public Service Act.
- Public Service Regulations and Public Service and Departmental prescripts and policies.
- Basic knowledge of budgeting and financial management.
Job related skills:
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Good interpretation of relevant documents.
- Good telephone and email etiquette.
- Ability to communicate well with people at different levels.
- Strategic planning and leadership.
- Presentation and Facilitation skills.
- Report writing skills.
- People management skills.
- Monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Negotiation and conflict resolutions skills.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Customer focus.
- Computer literacy.
- A valid driver’s licence and willing to working irregular hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor the recruitment, selection and placement processes in the Department.
- Facilitate the recruitment, selection and placement of all employees in the Department.
- Review and align recruitment selection policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to recruitment and selection policy, procedures and prescripts.
- Manage the vacancy rate, statistics and other related issues.
- Monitor vacancy progress in the Department.
- Provide secretarial services during shortlisting and interviews selection committee meetings.
- Report to management on all recruitment and selection statistics and progress.
- Facilitate media selection, advertisement design and response handling.
- Co-ordinate Personnel Suitability Checks.
- Facilitate Competency Assessments.
- Facilitate the filling of all vacancies in the Department.
- Communicate with line management to determine staff requirements.
- Provide support in developing job advertisements.
- Manage placement of advertisement in relevant media platforms (newspaper, Department of Public Service Administration (DPSA) vacancy circular, recruitment agencies and notice board).
- Coordinate the receiving of job applications.
- Manage the verification processes of candidates (qualifications checks, employment confirmation, financial checks, citizen and criminal checks).
- Compile contracts of employment and offer letters.
- Manage the advertisement and response handling.
- Provide recruitment and selection advisory and administrative services.
- Respond to audit, cabinet or presidential hot lines.
- Provide advice, guidance and training to the Department’s line functionaries and Senior Management Services (SMS) Members.
- Identify and advise line managers on critical and priority posts in the Department.
- Advise line management on Employment Equity and other legislative requirements.
- Conduct regular workshops and information sessions with regards to recruitment and selection.
- Ensure proper maintenance of recruitment and selection databases.
- Conduct regular guidance and training of trade union representatives and line management on recruitment and selection processes.
- Provide regular guidance and training to all Provincial and Regional offices on recruitment and selection processes.
- Manage the administration of recruitment and selection related information.
- Maintain and update a vacancy database on the progress on the filling of all vacancies.
- Maintain and update the Service Delivery Feedback Systems and provide a quarterly report in this regard.
- Avail monthly statistics on the vacancy rate in the Department per Branch.
- Provide recruitment and selection information to DPSA, Public Service Commission (PSC), Auditor-General etc.
- Maintain database on all outstanding verifications.
- Manage the resources of the sub-directorate (physical, human and financial).
- Ensure procurement of goods and services and proper utilization of the budget by monitoring and reporting expenditure.
- Compile tender for the appointment of advertisement and response handling service provider.
- Compile tender documents for the appointment of verification’s services provider for the financial and employment checks.
- Serve as a Project Manager for all recruitment and selection related tenders.
- Ensure compliance with the specifications in terms of the bid.
- Monitor and ensure proper utilisation of equipment and reporting thereof.
- Evaluate and monitor performance and appraisal of employees.
- Ensure capacity development of staff.
- Manage discipline in the sub-directorate.
Enquiries: Mr C Mathebula Tel No: (012) 319 6824
NOTE: African, Coloured, Indian and White Males and African and Coloured Females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for DALRRD Vacancies
Applications can be submitted by post to: Private Bag X833, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered to: 184 Jeff Masemola Street (formerly known as Jacob Mare), corner of Jeff Masemola and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria or to Agriculture Place, 20 Steve Biko (formerly Beatrix) Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022 at 16:00
The application must include only completed and signed new Z83 Form,
obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate and the highest required qualifications as well as a driver’s licence where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
The requirements for appointment at SMS level include the successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry Programme as endorsed by the NSG. Prior to appointment, a candidate would be required to complete the Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. No appointment will take place without the successful completion of the pre-entry certificate and submission of proof thereof.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Directive on the Implementation of Competency Based Assessments. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
Applications: Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. If you apply for more than 1 post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Should, during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium be placed on the filling of posts or the Department is affected by any process such as, but not limited to, restructuring or reorganisation of posts, the Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.
Important: DALRRD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity in DALRRD through the filling of posts. The Department reserves the right not to fill a position. Shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for assessments and interviews at a date and time as determined by the Department. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo security vetting. DALRRD will conduct reference checks which may include social media profiles of the shortlisted candidates.
Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department. All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.