Website Development Bank of Southern Africa
The Head is responsible for formulating and implementing the Coverage strategy in line with the vision, strategy and goals of the DBSA whilst also accountable for deal origination, building and owning client and partnerships and develops projects for the DBSA ultimately leading to bankable deals.
- Provide direction and management to the direct reports to enable the execution the strategy and manage their portfolios effectively.
- Make appropriate credit, market and regulatory decisions to secure the DBSA’s financial and reputational strength that enables value add to our clients.
- Continuously research and analyse the clients’ business context, operations and financial performance in search of new opportunities.
- Work closely with the Transactions division to take deals to financial close and disbursement.
- Allocate appropriate resources to support deals and conduct reviews and lessons learnt on losses
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Delivery division to originate business for infrastructure delivery and maintenance services.
- Knowledge of investment products and services, e.g. balance sheet/corporate loans, project finance structures, early stage/venture investing.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of infrastructure market, financial markets and the macro landscape.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to close deals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial and regulatory environments within relevant sector and/or geography.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced communicator and negotiator (expertise at senior level).
- A post graduate qualification or equivalent in Business, Finance or Economics (e.g. MBA, MSc).
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience at a senior management level; at least 6 years’ experience managing a team.
- 8-10 years demonstrable experience at a senior level in Client Coverage (DFI, Banking or Investment environment).
- Company: Development Bank of Southern Africa
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit dbsa.erecruit.co.