Website City of Johannesburg
Group Corporate & Shared Services: Group Human Capital Management
6th Floor, B Block Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
PO Box 1049 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2000
Tel +27(0) 11 407 6111 – Fax +27(0) 11 339 1878
VACANCY CIRCULAR 074/2022
This Vacancy is open to Employees of the City of Johannesburg and External Applicants
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 06 DECEMBER 2022
WE HAVE AN EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR:
DEPUTY DIRECTOR: EMERGENCY COMMUNITY CENTRE & RESOURCE PLANNING
• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV).
• Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original documents during the selection process.
• Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide a membership number and expiry date.
• If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
• The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per the National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.
• By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
• However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind shall not be an indication that your application will be successful and/or lead to employment.
• The City of Johannesburg shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from your use of the job opportunity section of this website.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety: Emergency Management Services (EMS)
DESIGNATION: Deputy Director: Emergency Community Centre
& Resource Planning
REMUNERATION: R54 544,98 pm (basic salary, excluding benefits)
• Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 plus a Degree or B Tech in Fire Technology or in Emergency Medical Care at NQF level 7;
• 7 – 9 years of EMS Operations experience and 5 years of management experience as Divisional Chief;
• Must have a valid HPCSA registration;
• Aquatic Exercise Association Certificate (AEA);
• Intermediate Life Support (ILS) Certification;
• Must have a valid driver’s license Code C1 and valid PrDP.
Manage the strategic tasks related to the Emergency Communication Centre through the support of effective work, monitoring to ensure increased service delivery, implementing Customer Charter, South African National Standards (SANS10090) and other relevant service standards and intergovernmental liaison, project management to ensure that the strategic objectives of the operations of the Directorate are met and to give effect to the EMS departmental Integrated Development Plan.
Key Performance Areas:
• Oversee and conduct strategic planning process for the Emergency Communication Centre, including resource planning and allocation;
• Establish Administration and Technical support, manage the Radio Technical Emergency Communication Call Taking and Dispatch Systems Administration Sections in order to ensure proper radio communication and emergency call taking and dispatching to give effect to IDP, EMS Department and Directorate goals and objects;
• Oversee and conduct strategic planning process for the Emergency Communication Centre, inclusive of Call Taking and Dispatching within the Department;
• Customer Relations Management; establish a cooperative partnership with multi-sectoral role players in accordance with the Department’s strategic objectives and Directorate objectives to give effect to the City’s IDP;
• Manage the Emergency Communication Centre budget and assets of the Section;
• Manage staff within the Unit;
• Oversee and conduct strategic human resource planning for Operations.
• Management Skills, Labour Relations Management, Project Management, Report writing skills, OHASA, Municipal Financial Management and Conflict management;
• Strategic management;
• Project management;
• People, Stakeholder and Conflict management;
• Business acumen;
• Fairness and transparency;
• Assertive and accurate intellectual capacity;
• Advanced Computer literacy including MS Office Applications (including Access);
• High level of confidentiality and organisational skills;
• Time Management, working independently, under pressure and the ability to prioritise.
• Knowledge of Emergency Communications Control Room Operations;
• Knowledge of Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response;
• Knowledge of Medical Information Management and Communication through gathering and analysis of data;
• Collaborative/Teamwork, Values and Integrity, Attention to detail and quality focused;
• Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, Professionalism;
• Impact and Influence according to City’s protocols, legislation, and standards.
“All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups including those with disabilities. Appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment Equity Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender and disability.”
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1W2NffnJ0S4aj60vvtzIDIwew554
APPLY ONLINE VIA THIS LINK: www.joburg.org.za
Contact Person: David Moleele
Tel No: (011) 222 8085
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted:
• Credit Record,
• CV validation and
• Employment record verification,
• Criminal check, and
• Identity validation.
To apply for this job please visit share-eu1.hsforms.com.