Website City of Johannesburg
Group Corporate & Shared Services: Group Human Capital Management
6th Floor, B Block Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
PO Box 1049 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2000
Tel +27(0) 11 407 6111 – Fax +27(0) 11 339 1878
VACANCY CIRCULAR 074/2022
This Vacancy is open to Employees of the City of Johannesburg and External Applicants
WE HAVE AN EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR:
SECRETARY (SPORTS & RECREATION)
• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV).
• Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original documents during the selection process.
• You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to the vacancy.
• Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide a membership number and expiry date.
• If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
• The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per the National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.
• By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
• However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind shall not be an indication that your application will be successful and/or lead to employment.
• The City of Johannesburg shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from your use of the job opportunity section of this website.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
DEPARTMENT: Community Development
BRANCH: Sports & Recreation
REMUNERATION: R16 427,66 pm (basic salary, excluding benefits)
LOCATION: Johannesburg Stadium, 124 Van Beek Street, New Doornfontein
• Grade 12/NQF level 4 plus a Diploma (NQF level 6) in Secretarial or relevant office Management qualification;
• 1-year relevant experience;
• Language proficiency (reading and writing) in English;
• Knowledge of Information management.
To ensure an effective and efficient secretarial service is rendered in the office of the Manager Sports and Recreation, thereby enhancing service delivery in the Region.
Key Performance Areas:
• Provide an efficient telephone for the Regional office;
• Maintain an efficient record keeping and retrieval system;
• Perform secretarial and administrative duties;
• Communicate required information to management, staff and Public;
• Keep recreation facility/activity programme updated;
• Receive and Make functions/hall bookings;
• Assist Manager/Office with programme implementation.
• Batho Pele Principles;
• Decision making;
• Attention to detail;
• Customer service;
• Computer Literacy and Office Application;
• Good communication (verbal and written);
“All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups including those with disabilities. Appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment Equity Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender and disability.”
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA THIS LINK: www.joburg.org.za
Contact Person: Thato Sepuru
Tel No: (011) 407 7198
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 06 DECEMBER 2022
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted:
• Credit Record,
• CV validation and
• Employment record verification,
• Criminal check, and
• Identity validation.
To apply for this job please visit share-eu1.hsforms.com.