Website City of Johannesburg
Group Corporate & Shared Services: Group Human Capital Management
6th Floor, B Block Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
PO Box 1049 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2000
Tel +27(0) 11 407 6111 – Fax +27(0) 11 339 1878
VACANCY CIRCULAR 074/2022
This Vacancy is open to Employees of the City of Johannesburg and External Applicants
Closing Date: Tuesday, 06 December 2022
WE HAVE AN EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR:
Regional Manager: Region A
• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV).
• Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original documents during the selection process.
• You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to the vacancy.
• Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide a membership number and expiry date.
• If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
• The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per the National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.
• By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
• However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind shall not be an indication that your application will be successful and/or lead to employment.
• The City of Johannesburg shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from your use of the job opportunity section of this website.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
DEPARTMENT: Social Development
BRANCH: Management Support Unit
DESIGNATION: Regional Manager: Region A
REMUNERATION: R54 544,98 pm (basic salary, excluding benefits)
• Grade 12 plus B Degree in Social Science/Developmental Studies (NQF level 7);
• 7 – 9 years’ relevant experience on management level in Social Science/Development Studies;
• Working knowledge of Council policies, procedures and applicable legislations;
• A valid driver’s license is also required.
Plan, lead, organize and control in an integrated manner all Social Development Services in the Region, in line with the legislative frameworks including the cities policies, frameworks and strategies (Growth Development Strategy, Integrated Development Plan and Departmental Business Plan) in order to transcend poverty, unemployment and creating prospects for social inclusion thereby improving the quality of life of communities.
Key Performance Areas:
• Plan and direct Social Development Services in the Region in order to ensure sound financial management of the Department in accordance with Council policies and procedures and the MFMA;
• Direct the staff in the Regions in order to ensure an effective HR management service within the Department in line with CoJ HR objectives;
• Monitoring, evaluation and Stakeholder Management to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the Department facilities for effective and efficient service delivery and programmes to communities in line with CoJ strategic priorities and Departmental mandate;
• Budget, risk, and assets management to ensure sound financial management of the Department in accordance with council policies/procedures and the MFMA.
• Ability to deal with various types of pressure (human relations, public, political and emotional);
• Leadership, Strategic Management, Financial Management, People Management, Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Conflict Management and Risk Management;
• Computer literacy including MS Office Applications;
• Interpersonal and report writing skills;
• Accountability, accuracy, financial skills (budgeting etc.), and attention to detail;
• High level of confidentiality and organisational skills;
• Time Management, working independently, under pressure, and ability to prioritise.
• Knowledge in project management, knowledge management, strategic management, and stakeholder relations management;
• Confidentiality, Deadline driven, Good ethics, Professionalism, and Integrity;
• Collaborative/Teamwork, Values and Integrity, Attention to detail, and quality-focused;
• Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics;
• Impact and Influence according to City’s protocols, legislation, and standards.
“All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups including those with disabilities. Appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment Equity Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender and disability.”
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA THIS LINK: www.joburg.org.za
Contact Person: Nthabiseng Majara
Tel No: 011 407 6534
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 06 DECEMBER 2022
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted:
• Credit Record,
• CV validation and
• Employment record verification,
• Criminal check, and
• Identity validation.
To apply for this job please visit share-eu1.hsforms.com.