BHP Billiton Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for BHP Billiton Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the BHP Billiton Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for BHP Billiton Bursary 2023. BHP Billiton South Africa invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: February 27, 2023
BHP Billiton Bursary 2023
BHP (previously named “BHP Billiton”) is the one of the top resource companies and producers of major commodities (like copper, metallurgical coal and iron ore) in the world. They extract and process oil, minerals and gas, which is sold worldwide. With headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, BHP have over 60 000 employees and contractors
BHP Billiton was established in 2001 via a merger between Anglo–Dutch Billiton plc and BHP (Broken Hill Proprietary Company Limited). The company is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
As of 2017, BHP Billiton scaled-down and became BHP, while Billiton rebranded to South32. The company aims to own and operate cost-efficient, long-life, expandable assets which are varied by geography, commodity and market.
What Does BHP Billiton Bursary Cover?
BHP Billiton are inviting students pursuing studies within the Engineering sector, to apply for their bursary programme. The BHP Billiton is being administrated by Career Wise and will be awarded within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Extractive Metallurgy Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Mining Engineering
Bursary awards will provide cover for the following expenses: registration costs, tuition, prescribed books, exam fees, accommodation and meals at university residence, and an allowance.
BHP Billiton Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen or a South African permanent resident
- Must be currently in Matric OR must have completed Matric
- Students applying for a bursary for Engineering, Science and Geology degrees: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science
- Students applying for a bursary for Accounting degrees: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics
- Must be accepted to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution
How to Apply for BHP Billiton Bursary
Download and complete the BHP Billiton Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, you can apply online via: https://www.careerwise.co.za/index.php?pg=application_forms
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Photograph (passport size),
- Grade 11 final results (if currently in Matric) OR Matric certificate (certified copy) (if completed Matric),
- Tertiary students: Latest academic results,
- Proof of enrollment/ acceptance to study at a tertiary institution.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: AndreB@careerwise.co.za
2) Fax: 086 602 8949
3) Post: Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632, Braamfontein, 2017
BHP Billiton Bursary 2023 Closing Date
Applications are CLOSED at the moment – please check back here soon to see whether the bursary has reopened.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Careerwise directly:
Corporate Recruitment and Bursary Services
Tel: 011 484 7505