Transnet Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Transnet Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Transnet Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Transnet Bursary 2023. Transnet invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 19 September 2022
Transnet SOC Ltd was founded in the year 1990 and is the biggest logistical freight company in South Africa. However, the year 1867 was the first time the country identified a need for railway services, upon the uncovering of diamonds in Kimberly.
The company is responsible for transporting tons of goods around South Africa on a daily basis, via rail; pipeline and port. The company has headquarters based in the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg and has a staff force of over 49 000 employees. They aim to deliver safe, reliable, cost-effective, efficient and integrated services in order to promote the economic growth of the country.
Transnet is made up of the following operating divisions: rail engineering (previously known as Transwerk), freight rail (previously known as Spoornet), port terminals (previously known as SAPO), national ports authority (previously known as the NPA) and pipelines (previously known as Petronet).
Transnet Bursary 2023
Transnet is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Transnet will be awarding bursaries within these fields of study:
Specialist Commercial Bursary (Degree or National Diploma):
- Business / Data Analytics
- Business Science and Economics
- Computer Science
- Human Factor Management / Ergonomics
- HR Information Systems
- Information Science / Information Technology
- Logistics / Supply Chain Management
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Safety and Environmental Management
- Sales & Marketing
Engineering Bursary (BEng or BSc):
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (heavy current)
- Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
These bursaries are available as part of Transnet’s pipeline development strategy, for fields that help address the companies skills needs.
If you are a current full-time student or are in Grade 12 and are intended to study full-time next year, you have strong academic results and would like to become part of the country’s biggest freight company, you may be the perfect bursary candidate. Students must also believe in the future of the company after they have completed their studies.
What Does Transnet Bursary 2023 Cover?
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbook allowance, accommodation, meals and experiential training. The bursary award will be renewed each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
Students may be required to do vacation work at Transnet during the June/ July or December/ January holidays.
After graduation, bursars may be is required to work at Transnet for the equal duration of the bursary award, depending on the availability of vacancies.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 28 February 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview by the Transnet Academy (in Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal), before final selection is made.
Students will also be required to undergo a medical fitness assessment and must provide satisfactory academic results before selection can take place.
Transnet Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Specialist Commercial Bursary: you must have achieved a minimum of level 5 (60%) for English and relevant subjects in line with the criteria for your course of study, in Matric
- Engineering Bursary: you must have achieved a minimum of level 5 (60%) for Mathematics, Physical Science and English in Matric
How to apply
Download and complete the Transnet Bursary Application Form 2022/ 2023 (.pdf)
Enter “www.internships-sa.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Transnet bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration or acceptance (on institutions letterhead)
- Shortened Curriculum Vitae
Applications should be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Fax: 086 582 7236
– Post/ delivery:
Faculty of Leadership and Functional Development
15 Girton Road
Transnet Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for Transnet bursary 2023 online application is 19 September 2022 (extended). Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Transnet directly:
Department: Bursary Office
Tel: 011 584 1194
Fax: 086 582 7236
Please do NOT contact Transnet if this bursary has already closed.