AWS Skills Development Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for AWS Skills Development Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the AWS Skills Development Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for AWS Skills Development Bursary 2023. Amazon Web Services, Inc. invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: September 30, 2022
AWS Skills Development Bursary 2023
Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS) is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, an American multinational internet-based company focused on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
In 2006, AWS began providing on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered pay-as-you-go basis. Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers businesses in 190 countries around the world.
AWS Skills Development Bursary Eligible Fields
Amazon is inviting students to apply for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Skills Development Bursary, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Honours, Masters, Postgraduate Diploma) studies within fields relevant to the technology sector, including the following:
- Accounting and Finance (BCom)
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
Bursaries will also be awarded to students with disabilities, in ANY study programme, at Undergraduate or Postgraduate level.
What Does AWS Skills Development Bursary Cover?
The bursary will be awarded based on 2 main factors: academic merit and financial need. The full cost bursary will provide cover for the following expenses (up to a capped amount): tuition fees, stationery, books, personal computer, accommodation in residence or private, subsistence and transport.
AWS Skills Development Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited universities in South Africa
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum result of 75% for Mathematics, Physical Science and English in Matric
- Tertiary students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have leadership potential
- Preference will be given to students living with disabilities (however those without disabilities should also apply)
How to Apply for AWS Skills Development Bursary
Applications must be submitted online via: AWS Skills Development Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or Matric latest results (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, latest financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians death certificates, if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians divorce certificate, if divorced (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians sworn statement, if separated (certified copy)
- Signed consent form (.docx)
- Profile picture
- Proof of address (certified copy)
- Essay (answering the following: description of your personal background and family circumstances, description of all your achievements and leadership positions, your personal strengths and weaknesses, how your chosen study programme relate to your talents; interests and envisaged career, your personal statement to headline your application profile)
AWS Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for Armscor Bursary is 30 September 2022. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 403 1632
Mobile: 087 511 3373
Contact page: https://studytrust.org.za/contact-us
Please do NOT contact StudyTrust or Amazon if this bursary has already closed.