JSE Empowerment Fund Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary 2023. JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Southern Africa invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 7 October 2022
JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary 2023
JSE Limited was established in 1887 during the first gold rush in South Africa. It is the oldest and biggest stock exchange in Africa, and was previously known as the JSE Securities Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The JSE is now ranked in 19th place amoung the largest stock exchange markets in the world, according to market capitalisation. The company offers efficient and secure primary and secondary capital markets in a variety of securities. They are the go-to for international and national investors who wish to gain exposure to South African and African leading capital markets.
The JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) was formed in order to support students and help them achieve their academic goals.
The JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to previously disadvantaged, top performing students, within the following fields of study (at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level):
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only – should you not receive any feedback from JSE, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards a degree qualification, within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be in your 2nd, 3rd or Postgraduate (Honours) level of study
- You must have a strong academic record
- Undergraduate students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- Postgraduate students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have a total household income of NOT more than R350 000 per annum
- You must be from the designated group
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
How to Apply for JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary
Applications must be completed and submitted via: JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary Application 2023
Reference number: jse_000308
Applicants will be required to Register an account before they can Login and apply.
Enter “www.internships-sa.com” in the field asking how you heard about the JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, including most recent results (on institutions letterhead)
- Postgraduate students: Undergraduate qualification certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary acceptance for 2023 (on institutions letterhead)
- JSE dependents: declaration stating that you are a JSE dependent
- An affidavit to confirm that all the information provided on the application is correct
JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for the JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary is 7 October 2022. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Johannesburg Stock Exchange directly:
Tel: 011 520 7000
Contact page: https://www.jse.co.za/contact-us
Please do NOT contact Johannesburg Stock Exchange if this bursary has already closed.