Kumo is the software engineering organization that scales AWS’s support capabilities. Amazon’s mission is to be earth’s most customer-centric company and this also applies when it comes to helping our own Amazon employees with their everyday IT Support needs. Our team is innovating for the Amazonian, making the interaction with IT Support as smooth as possible. We achieve this through multiple mechanisms which eliminate root causes altogether, automate issue resolution or point customers towards the optimal troubleshooting steps for their situation. We deliver the support solutions plus the end-user content with instructions to help them self-serve. We employ machine learning solutions on multiple ends to understand our customer’s behavior, predict customer’s intent, deliver personalized content and automate issue resolution through chatbots.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Work From Home With Amazon 2022
- You recognize and adopt best practices in software development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible/scalable systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. Where existing solutions are known, you use them.
- You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code
- You understand how web applications work, perform and scale. You are comfortable with troubleshooting and problem analysis
- You have a working knowledge of basic UI technologies, frameworks and concepts including HTML 5, REST, jQuery, AJAX, CSS3, SOA, Responsive design
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You can define APIs and integrate them into usable interfaces
- A deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals is essential (know those data structures and algorithms)
- You enjoy building things and are curious to find how things work
- You love solving the big and hard problems as well as make sure your service stays runnin
- The technical skills required for this role include strong object-oriented design and programming
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working pragmatically under deadlines with operational software is highly desired
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.