Restoration Engineering Solutions
We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure. A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Proven experience as welder
Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
Deftness and attention to detail
Proficient in English
Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus.
-Requirements- Minimum education level: Grade 12 /N4 (Matric)
Availability to travel: No
Availability of change of residence: No.
- Minimum education level: Grade 12 /N4 (Matric)
- Availability to travel: No
- Availability of change of residence: No
To apply for this job please visit www.bestjobs.co.za.