We are looking for a resilient, efficient, and confident individual with a creative flair to formulate the creative strategy for all visual merchandising in all stores across different store types and formats (Ackermans, Ackermans Woman & Ackermans Connect) and ensure alignment with Operations Visual Merchandising for effective execution. To enable a unique customer experience through creative interpretation of local and international fashion & visual merchandising trends from windows to the in-store departments.
This position for Visual Merchandising Creative Manager, reporting directly to the Chief Executive: Marketing is an exciting and highly challenging opportunity that will require the successful candidate to contribute significantly to enabling the business to achieve creative visual merchandising standards in line with agreed to merchandise standards and themes.
Our ideal candidate will use visual merchandising to convert window shoppers into prospective customers, drive branding and sales objectives and maximize profitability.
- Define, design and implement a creative visual merchandising strategy.
- Create appealing and eye-catching visual displays that lead the customer into and through the entire store.
- Produce window displays, signs, interior displays, and special promotions displays.
- Identify key messages and set a clear image of the end result.
- Come up with, revise and present design ideas in collaboration with the Operations Visual Merchandise Team.
- Act in alignment with the organization’s culture, products, image and target market.
- Monitor costs and work within a budget.
- Change displays to promote new product launches and reflect seasonal themes.
- Research lifestyle, demographics and design trends to remain relevant.
A Degree/National Diploma in visual merchandising, fashion merchandising, exhibition design, visual communications, marketing, or an equivalent qualification.
Skills & Experience
- Expert knowledge of local and international VM and Design best practices, merchandising or VM trends as well an excellent grasp of branding, store design and customer behaviour.
- An excellent comprehension of the marketing strategies, branding, customer behaviour and principles relevant to value retailing, as well as a practical grasp of the South African advertising and media industry.
- A comprehensive knowledge/understanding of SA’s retail clothing market, customers and competitors.
- An understanding of relevant trends with a flair/eye for marketing communication for the relevant target market.
- People skills:
- The ability to influence across various levels and functions within the business.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within, as well as outside the company.
- Excellent interpersonal, people management, team management & leadership skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- The ability to be resilient, have tenacity and maintain high levels of drive and initiative under pressure.
- Ability to perform in a pressurised environment with short lead times and deadlines.
- Cross-functional collaboration.
- The ability to create a shared vision and to positively influence others.
- The ability to give input into company-wide initiatives and translate these into actions required of Marketing.
- Networking skills & the ability to be resourceful.
- The ability to prioritise.
- The ability to be assertive.
- The ability to work independently, as well as be a team player.
- Technical skills:
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools.
- Latest Microsoft applications including advanced Excel competency.
- High-level presentation skills.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience at a management level in VM / Design role, which specifically includes responsibility for the formulation and execution of the VM strategy, strong customer relations and branding knowledge as well as exposure to retail.
- Experience within a retail environment is critical.
- Solid experience in field visual merchandising, including window displays, signs, interior displays, and space utilisation.
- Experience in working across a few different business units and functions.
- Extensive experience of developing, maintaining, and delivering on marketing strategies to meet company objectives.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit ackermans.erecruit.co.