Website Marriott International
Prepare special meals or substitute items. Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish. Maintain food logs. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared. Communicate assistance needed during busy periods. Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials. Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items. Ensure the quality of the food items. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Kitchen Equipment
- Cleaning Kitchen Tools/Equipment
- Temperature Standards
- Kitchen Tools
- Thermometer and Thermostat
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Food Handling
- Cooking Standards
- Protein Storage Guidelines
- Company: Marriott International
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.