Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
PROJECT MANAGER REF NO: 3/2/1/2022/666
Directorate: Information Communication Technology (ICT) Planning and Governance
Salary: R766 584 per annum (Level 11), (all-inclusive package to be structured in accordance with the rules for MMS)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and a National Diploma in Computer Science / Information Technology (IT).
- Minimum of 3 years junior management experience in IT Project Management.
Job related knowledge:
- Knowledge of Project Management (scope, time, cost, quality, resource, risk).
- Knowledge of Information Systems, hardware and software and Business Information.
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) / Projects IN Controlled Environments (Prince2).
Job related skills:
- Report writing and
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- A valid driver’s licence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage ICT projects.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the execution of ICT projects.
- Ensure that all ICT projects are delivered on time within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a comprehensive project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks.
- Ensure alignment of ICT projects to business objectives.
- Review the ICT project and ensure alignment to the departmental strategy.
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide ICT project monitoring and reporting. Track project performance.
- Analyse the successful completion of project goals.
- Provide detailed project reports.
- Provide projects standards and frameworks.
- Assist in drafting project reporting templates.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Establish project governance structures.
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques.
- Ensure full compliance with the ICT governance policies, processes, standards and procedures.
Enquiries: Ms N Jonas Tel No: (012) 407 4524
How to Apply for DALRRD Vacancies
Applications can be submitted by post Private Bag X833, Pretoria, 0001 or
hand delivered to: 184 Jeff Masemola Street (formerly known as Jacob Mare), corner of Jeff Masemola and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria or Agriculture Place,20 Steve Biko (formerly Beatrix Street), Arcadia, Pretoria 0001.
NOTE: Coloured, Indian and White Males and African, Coloured, Indian and White Females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022 at 16:00
The application must include only completed and signed new Z83 Form,
obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate and the highest required qualifications as well as a driver’s licence where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
The requirements for appointment at SMS level include the successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry Programme as endorsed by the NSG. Prior to appointment, a candidate would be required to complete the Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. No appointment will take place without the successful completion of the pre-entry certificate and submission of proof thereof.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Directive on the Implementation of Competency Based Assessments. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
Applications: Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. If you apply for more than 1 post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Should, during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium be placed on the filling of posts or the Department is affected by any process such as, but not limited to, restructuring or reorganisation of posts, the Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.
Important: DALRRD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity in DALRRD through the filling of posts. The Department reserves the right not to fill a position. Shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for assessments and interviews at a date and time as determined by the Department. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo security vetting. DALRRD will conduct reference checks which may include social media profiles of the shortlisted candidates.
Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department. All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.