Website PASSENGER RAIL AGENCY OF SOUTH AFRICA (PRASA)
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (5 YEAR CONTRACT)
SALARY GROUP: Executive Management
LOCATION: AUTOPAX HEAD OFFICE (BRAAMFONTEIN)
MISSION: To provide strategic financial leadership and direction to the Company and manage the financial health and governance.
- Develop Autopax business and Financial Strategy by providing input into the business strategy as a member of the executive team
- Responsible for publishing of the annual financial statements for use by Shareholders and other stakeholders Management Accounting and Financial Planning by setting the budgetary guidelines for the Company.
- Provide management information and records for business decision making.
- Manage Supply chain management and Autopax Finance.
- Management of Autopax Strategic Assets through the development and recommendations of capital expenditure and operational expenditure budgets.
- Direct tax planning and tax structuring for the company (Company, Tax, VAT) in compliance with the VAT, Company and Taxation Acts.
- Liaise with all Stakeholders including Group Finance (Prasa), in respect of corporate plans, budgets, financial forecasts, funding requirements and annual financial reporting
- Ensure the effective promotion and practice of good corporate governance and monitor compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations and policies
- Ensure the effective promotion and practice of good corporate governance and monitor compliance with all applicable legislations, regulations and policies
- Provide sound financial management advice and leadership to Autopax
- Oversee the effective compilation of the monthly, quarterly annual financial statements as per GRAP, PFMA and Treasury Regulations.
- Sound knowledge of the business environment, the relevant role players within the business and their key responsibilities and outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of finance and the components involved in finance
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation applicable to Finance including Companies, Tax and VAT Acts. Understanding of the Public Sector and Public Finance Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the company policies and procedures applicable to the specific work environment to ensure that work outcomes are compliant to the policies and procedures
SKILLS: PRASA Jobs in Gauteng 2023
- Advanced Communication
- Advanced Interpersonal
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Results driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Helicopter perspective
- Honesty and integrity
- Lateral Thinking
- A qualified Chartered Accountant
- Registered with SAICA
- Minimum ten (10) years’ relevant working experience in the field, at least five (5) years must have been spent in a senior management role and display a heightened appreciation of Finance best practices and the broader dynamics within which the Autopax operates.
Please apply by submitting your CV together with certified (not more than 3 months) copies of ID & certificates to: RAPX@apx.co.za
NB: APPLICATIONS i.e. CV, Certificates etc. TO BE SENT IN ONE PDF DOCUMENT. (PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED)
Closing date: 04 November 2022
“By responding to this vacancy advert irrespective as to how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing and storing for such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with the PRASA data privacy protection policy. Preference will be given to individuals from Designated Groups Should you not hear anything three (3) months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
As per PRASA Employment Equity Plan, this position is earmarked as follows:
MALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
FEMALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
To apply for this job email your details to RAPX@apx.co.za