Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Legal: Administration Officer – MR5.
- Directorate : Legal Services
- Post : Legal: Administration Officer – MR5
- Salary: R378 990 per annum (OSD)
- Ref: LAO/LS/COGTA/27
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Provide litigation management and related support services, including alternative dispute resolution and act as liaison between the State Attorney and for appointed counsel and prepare litigation reports for submission to relevant forums.
- Draft legislation (both primary and subordinate) and also provide legal support relating to the interpretation and drafting of legislation; prepare legislation reports for submission to relevant forums.
- Drafting and vetting (scrutinising) of contracts, Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and related legal documents and including contract management.
- Policies; conduct vetting of policies and support the policy drafting process.
- Provide well-researched legal opinions and advice in complex matters relating to the operations of COGTA.
- Provide legal and admin support in terms of the PAIA through administering PAIA related processes and assisting the Deputy Information Officer in processing PAIA request.
- Advise on all aspects of PAIA and ensure compliance with PAJA.
- A Senior Certificate and LLB Degree or equivalent coupled with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the legal environment.
- Understanding of Public Service policy and legislative framework.
- Basic understanding South African legislation and in particular, those applicable to the Public Service including but not limited to a thorough knowledge of Administrative law.
- Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and related regulations, Labour Relations Act (LRA), Public Service Act (PSA) and related regulations, Promotion of Access to Justice Act (PAJA), Promotion to Access of Information Act (PAIA), Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and other related prescripts including the ability the interpret the law, ability to conduct legal research, ability to draft and provide comprehensive and well researched legal opinions and advise; Experience in drafting legislation both primary and subordinate legislation.
- Ability to analyse and comment on draft legislation, and the implications thereof.
- Proven experience in litigation; ability to draft, review, vet policies, contracts, SLAs, and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Computer literacy, basic good communication skills (written and verbal); Good interpersonal and intercultural relations; legal research and report writing skills; Policy Analysis and Interpretation; Innovation, Accuracy and attention to detail, Team player and ability to meet deadlines.
- Should be willing to work under pressure and irregular/ long hours where required and necessary.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.
SEE ALL MPUMALANGA DEPARTMENT OF COOPERATIVE GOVERNANCE AND TRADITIONAL AFFAIRS VACANCIES!