Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Assistant Director: Production & Publications (Web Developer).
- Sub-directorate : Communication (Re-advert)
- Post : Assistant Director: Production & Publications (Web Developer)
- Salary: R477 090 per annum
- Salary Level: 10
- Ref: AD/WEB/COGTA/10
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Write well designed testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard web programming practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/ industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Cooperation with various stakeholders involved in website development and management.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma in Information Technology or Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years proven working experience in web programming.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS3.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems and web application development.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Basic knowledge of Content Management Systems.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Communication skills, teamwork and collaboration, pro-activity and showing
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.