Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Assistant Director: HR Organisational Strategies and Planning.
- Directorate : Municipal Administration and Governance
- Post : Assistant Director: HR Organisational Strategies and Planning
- Salary: R382 245 per annum
- Salary Level: 09
- Ref: AD/HROSP/COGTA/24
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Monitor and support municipalities on organizational design.
- Monitor and support municipalities on Human Resource Systems and Procedures.
- Monitor and support municipalities to comply with the minimum competency requirements during the recruitment process.
- Monitor and support municipalities on the implementation of Individual Performance Management System for all municipal officials.
- Monitor and support municipalities with Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures.
- Monitor the Provincial data base of dismissed municipal officials.
- Monitor and support municipalities on the implementation and compliance of the Municipal Systems Act and its Regulations.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Public Management / Administration or equivalent qualification in Human Resources.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Human Resource Planning field.
- Knowledge and understanding of application Municipal Systems Act and its Regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of application of Employment Equity Act.
- Knowledge and understanding of PMDS. A valid driver’s license.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.