Website Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services Education and Training Authority
MANUFACTURING, ENGINEERING AND RELATED SERVICES SETA (MERSETA) – SENIOR MANAGER: PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTATION (D5)
MANUFACTURING, ENGINEERING AND RELATED SERVICES SETA (MERSETA)
The merSETA is the Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services Education and Training Authority established through the Skills Development Act. This SETA encompasses the metal and engineering, auto manufacturing, motor retail, tyre manufacturing and plastics industries.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERT
We have an excellent opportunity for the following professional to join the Operations Division:
SENIOR MANAGER: PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTATION (D5)
Salary Level (Min. to Mid): R1 144 524,54 – R1 350 539,39pa
FIXED TERM CONTRACT ALIGNED TO THE SETA LICENSE TERM
To ensure the effective management and disbursement of awarded levy grants through a portfolio of programmes and projects aligned to merSETA strategic priorities expressed in the sector skills plan, 5-year strategic plan, annual performance plan and DHET service level agreement, as well as any other priorities that from time to time may be identified by merSETA stakeholders including government.
• Ensure that stakeholder relationships developed and enhanced to optimally service the merSETA needs of the merSETA skills development ecosystem in accordance with merSETA strategic obligations, and priorities, and governance framework. • Develop appropriate policies, procedures, guidelines, procedures, and plans in line with the merSETA governance framework in support of the unit’s function and related services and products. • Establish programme planning that ensures that all grant awarded programmes and projects are planned and managed for effective execution with various role players within the merSETA skills development ecosystem.
• Monitor programme and project commitments to ensure that they are implemented and managed within approved regulatory and policy framework adhering to corporate governance principles and legal compliance.
• Provide appropriate oversight of the information system, end to end, i.e. meaning from applications, to awards, contract commitments, monitoring, disbursements, deviations, termination and close out.
• Drive effective execution of the operational risk strategy and framework aligned to the levy grant management function.
• Oversee the development and preparation of grants related reports for management structures and statutory requirements.
• Lead and manage the grants management team and create a supportive environment, and provide leadership around expected standards of professionalism and quality of output in the unit.
Qualities, experience, knowledge and skills required:
• NQF Level 7 qualification in Business Management/ Public Administration/ Education/Training/ Project Management/ Social Sciences/Finance
• 5 years in Public Service environment at management level
• NQF level 8 or 9 qualification in Business Management/ Public Administration/ Education/Training/Project Management/ Social Sciences/Finance will be an added advantage as well as 8 years or more management experience within education, training and or skills development and related legislative environment as well as experience in a SETA environment will serve as an advantage.
• Experience in a similar position in the private or non-government sector and project administration and management experience is essential.
• Financial acumen: budgeting and management of expenditure
• Advanced systems and computer skills
• Knowledge of relevant legislation
• Customer Service Orientation
• Team Leadership
• Written and Oral Communication
• Information Monitoring
• Time Management
• Complex Problem Solving
• People Management
Ad-hoc travel requirement to the regional offices and satellite offices.
The merSETA is an equal opportunity employer; however, Preference will be given to Affirmative Action candidates and people with disabilities in line with the EE Plan. Please submit a detailed CV, qualification and application form and motivational letter to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Internal applicants will be shortlisted only if they meet all the requirements. Should you not be contacted within 21 days after the closing date, please know that your application was not successful. The merSETA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
CLOSING DATE: 25 November 2022