Website Marriott International
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
- Company: Marriott International
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.