Website Marriott International
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Food Storage and Rotation
- Diversity Relations
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- Company: Marriott International
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.