Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
LAW LECTURER REF NO: 3/2/1/2022/700
Directorate: Office of the Chief Registrar of Deeds
Salary: R766 584 per annum (Level 11), all-inclusive package to be structed in accordance with the rules for MMS
Location: Gauteng (Pretoria)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and National Diploma in Deeds Registration / National Diploma Law / Estate Planning. Buris / B Proc / LLB.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience at junior management level in Deeds environment.
- Knowledge on registration of Deeds.
- Interpretation of statutes.
- Examination of Deeds.
- Human Resource prescripts.
- Research and information analysis, Legislation governing the Deeds Registry.
- Computer skills.
- Communication skills.
- Organising skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Policy analysis and development.
- Good judgment and assertive skills.
- Time management.
- Analytical skills.
- Financial Management skills.
- Project Management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate functional training.
- Determine the training needs and requirements of the branch.
- Draft or Provide inputs and update study material.
- Present training.
- Assess all evaluations for training presented and compile report.
- Consolidate and analyse presenters report.
- Conduct research on training / legislation / case law / practice and procedures.
- Determine the purpose of research and the methodology to be used when conducting research.
- Research on topics.
- Analyse information gathered during research.
- Update study material / training manuals.
- Compile or quality assure research report.
- Provide inputs and advice on legal matters.
- Make inputs on case law/legislation / practices and procedures.
- Make inputs for Registrars conferences and amendments to Deeds Registries Act and Sectional Titles Act.
- Draft articles for publication.
- Consolidate inputs and distribute agenda for DTAC meetings.
- Provide opinion on enquiries received from both internal and external clients.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation on uniformity in practices and procedures.
- Assess the standard of examination.
- Inspect the examination tools.
- Assets action plan.
Enquiries: Mr R Saila Tel No: (012) 338 7296
How to Apply
Please ensure that you send your application to Private Bag x918, Pretoria,
0001 or Hand deliver it to the Office of the Chief Registrar of Deeds at Cnr Bosman and Pretorius, Pretoria, 0001 before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
NOTE: Applications and supporting documents sent to us that are not specified in the advertisement for the post that you are applying for will not be accepted. Failure to do this will result in the application being disqualified. African, Coloured, Indian and White Females, Coloured and Indian Males and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022 at 16:00
The application must include only completed and signed new Z83 Form,
obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate and the highest required qualifications as well as a driver’s licence where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
The requirements for appointment at SMS level include the successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry Programme as endorsed by the NSG. Prior to appointment, a candidate would be required to complete the Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. No appointment will take place without the successful completion of the pre-entry certificate and submission of proof thereof.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Directive on the Implementation of Competency Based Assessments. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
Applications: Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. If you apply for more than 1 post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Should, during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium be placed on the filling of posts or the Department is affected by any process such as, but not limited to, restructuring or reorganisation of posts, the Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.
Important: DALRRD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity in DALRRD through the filling of posts. The Department reserves the right not to fill a position. Shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for assessments and interviews at a date and time as determined by the Department. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo security vetting. DALRRD will conduct reference checks which may include social media profiles of the shortlisted candidates.
Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department. All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.