Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
The incumbent of this post will report to the Deputy Director: Finance Reporting, and will be responsible to report on activities to ensure effective and efficient production of reliable information on the District financial Management of the Department and as such the ideal candidate must have:
- Identify risks and institute control measures to minimize financial risks in all departments that deal with financial matters.
- Prepare, collect and report on expenditure versus budget for all programmes in the District Office including EMS, NGOs & Forensic and KwaDukuza PHC sub-district.
- Facilitate the division of the District Office Budget allocation between all programmes.
- Coordinate, manage and collate/ consolidate budget estimates for all programmes in the District Office, EMS & Forensic Pathology Services, Kwadukuza sub-district.
- Manage, coordinate and provide guidance to cash flow meetings within the District.
- Conduct analysis on the expenditure trend to determine whether budgetary allocations are in line with the envisaged output performance and target.
- Knowledge of departmental and transversal systems e.g. (PERSAL, BAS, Vulindlela, etc).
- Good knowledge of Public Finance Management as well as relevant Acts and Regulations
- Good organizational and planning skills and ability to make independent decision.
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders and role –prayers at all levels in clear and unambiguous language.
- Knowledge of Labour Relations, discipline and grievance procedure
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree/ National Diploma in Financial Management, Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting, or Equivalent qualification with major subjects in Accounting, Economics and Financial Management, plus,
- Grade 12 (Senior certificate) Standard 10/or ( Vocational National Certificate) plus,
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in public service within financial administration component (Accounts payable & revenue , voucher control, budget & expenditure management and reporting)
- Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: KwaDukuza, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.kznhealth.gov.za.