Website JOHANNESBURG SOCIAL HOUSING COMPANY - JOSHCO
The Johannesburg Social Housing Company SOC Limited (JOSHCO) mandate is to develop and manage affordable rental housing for the lower market as an integral part of efforts to eradicate the housing backlog of the City of Johannesburg. JOSHCO is a registered Social Housing Institution and is accredited by the Social Housing Regulatory Authority (SHRA).
The Johannesburg Social Housing Company SOC Limited invites suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Executive Assistant – Corporate Services.
Employment Status : Permanent
Department : Corporate Services
Purpose of the Job: Is to provide assistance to the Executive Manager: in relation to the general office management, and meeting and event coordination Executive Manager such as booking meetings, conference calls and travel, taking meeting minutes, write reports, prepare correspondence and prioritize items that need attention.
To be considered the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- Secretarial qualification.
- Degree in Office Management, Business and Administration will be an added advantage.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners.
Skills and competencies- The ideal applicant must possess the following skills and competencies:
- Generic skills: Communication, Facilitation, Conflict Management, Planning and Organizational, Relationship Management, Teamwork and Project Management.
- Management and leadership skills: Project Management, People Management, Planning and Organizing, Problem Solving, Ethical, Negotiation Skills, Gather and Analyze Information.
- Attributes: Emotional intelligence, Assertiveness, Interpersonal Skills, Attention to detail, Flexible, Reliable, Innovation.
The key performance areas among other are:
- Provide comprehensive support services to the Executive Manager that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience with the company as a whole.
- Administers correspondence, manages incoming calls, and prioritizes phone messages, emails and mail.
- Ensure all correspondence is typed and where appropriate drafted and approved by manager.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared in advance of appointments.
- Handles all calls and visitors with grace, and professionalism.
- Provide an integrated calendar management.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance.
- Make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Schedule necessary meetings
- Ensure meeting venues are prepared and appropriate equipment and meeting documentation is available.
- Ensure the agenda for scheduled meetings is prepared and presented to the Executive Manager prior to meetings.
- Ensure that all information/research that needs to be carried out for the meetings is compiled and complete.
- Ensure that all participants are aware of the meetings to minimize any delays and ensure attendance.
- Design reminder systems for meetings and remind Executive Manager in time of meetings.
- Ensure minutes are taken, including EXCO minutes, typed and distributed.
How to Apply
Please take note that only online applications will be considered.
Please apply by using the following link below, by either copying the link onto browser or click on the link: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1iah5HpiZRumC9-lyTCyJRAew554
JOSHCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all appointments will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan to promote its representivity (race, gender, and disability). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates and applicants who have not been contacted within 6 weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful. JOSHCO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 03 November 2022.
No late applications will be considered.
Directors: Ms. Gaby Boikanyo (Chairperson), Mr. Sello Mothotoana (CEO & ED), Ms. Nontobeko Ndimande (CFO & ED), Mr. Moerane Maimane (NED), Mr. Jason Sobekwa (NED), Mr. Themba Mamba (NED), Mr. Theodore Dhlamini (NED), Mr. Xolani Dlwathi (NED), Mr. Karabo Bosch Modipane (NED), Mr. Sumesh Varghese (NED), Ms. Kentse Sesele (NED), Ms. Jennifer Madiba (Acting Company Secretary)
Registration Number: 2003/008/063/07
To apply for this job please visit share-eu1.hsforms.com.