Website Johannesburg Social Housing Company SOC Limited (JOSHCO)
JOHANNESBURG SOCIAL HOUSING COMPANY – JOSHCO
61 Juta Street, Braamfontein, 2094
PO Box 16021, New Doornfontein, 2028
Tel 0861 JOSHCO – Tel +27 (0) 11 406 7300 – Fax +27 (0) 11 404 3001
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERT
The Johannesburg Social Housing Company SOC Limited (JOSHCO) mandate is to develop and manage affordable rental housing for the lower market as an integral part of efforts to eradicate the housing backlog of the City of Johannesburg. JOSHCO is a registered Social Housing Institution and is accredited by the Social Housing Regulatory Authority (SHRA).
We invite suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the following vacant position.
SPECIAL PROJECTS: ACCOUNTS ADMINISTRATOR
Employment Status : Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
Department : Finance
Purpose of the Job: To provide administrative support to the procurement team as required to ensure that the correct goods and services are procured through the right processes providing the best possible value. This includes assets and stock management to facilitate operational efficiency.
Responsibilities (but not limited to the following):
• Process payments and invoices received.
• Check invoices, procurement orders and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
• Request monthly statements from suppliers.
• Ensure all creditor statements are obtained for payments.
• Perform monthly payable reconciliations.
• Ensure that the payment vouchers are accurately complied, and they include requisitions, procurement orders, invoices and statements.
• Ensure all required documentation is sourced and submitted with cheque requisitions.
• Assist in preparation of electronic payments.
• Perform physical verification of assets.
• All assets purchased are recorded in the general ledger.
• Manage stationery request from departments.
• Manage the stores requisition book and issue stationery once a week.
• Capture incoming and outgoing supplies on system.
• Assist the Bookkeeper to perform stock taking.
• Ensure that the storeroom is properly secured and well maintained.
• Assist the procurement Officer on sale of tender documents.
• Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
• Follow up on outstanding invoices and queries with suppliers.
Minimum job requirements, interested applicants must be in possession of:
• Grade 12 or equivalent. Diploma in Procurement or relevant qualification.
• 1-2 years’ experience in procurement environment.
• Knowledge of PASTEL accounting software.
• Knowledge of the Municipal Systems Act.
• Understanding of general accounting tools and practices.
Attributes/Skills – Ideal candidate is expected to display profound knowledge of contract management/ & Supply chain management environment, Knowledge of dealing with Treasury regulations and requirements and Knowledge and understanding of PFMA Act, PPPFA Act and B-BBEE Act.
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their CV’s together with certified copies of qualifications and ID to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position applying for. Failure to submit the required documents will result in your application not being considered. JOSHCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all appointments will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan to promote its representivity (race, gender and disability). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates and applicants who have not been contacted within 6 weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful. JOSHCO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 28 November 2022
Directors: Ms. Gaby Boikanyo (Chairperson), Mr. Sello Mothotoana (CEO & ED), Ms. Nontobeko Ndimande (CFO & ED), Mr. Moerane Maimane (NED), Mr. Jason Sobekwa (NED), Mr. Themba Mamba (NED), Mr. Theodore Dhlamini (NED), Mr. Xolani Dlwathi (NED), Mr. Karabo Bosch Modipane (NED), Mr. Sumesh Varghese (NED), Ms. Kentse Sesele (NED), Ms. Jennifer Madiba (Acting Company Secretary)
Registration Number: 2003/008/063/07