OFFICE OF THE VALUER GENERAL (OVG)
SPECIALIST: FINANCIAL REPORTING AND BUDGETING (REFERENCE: OVG/2022/16)
Three (3) Year Fixed Term Contract
SALARY: R382 245 per annum (Level 09) plus 37% in lieu benefits
CENTRE: OFFICE OF THE VALUER-GENERAL (PRETORIA)
- Relevant BCom degree in Financial Accounting or equivalent preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Government systems.
- Treasury Regulations.
- Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
- Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA).
- PERSAL system.
- Basic Accounting Systems (BAS).
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Planning and organising.
- Policy Analysis and Interpretation.
- Report writing.
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Interpersonal relations.
- Project Management.
- Presentation Skills.
- Communication skills.
- Another requirement: Driver’s Licence.
- Monitors budgets.
- Performs budget forecasting and trend analysis.
- Conducts budgeting and statutory reporting on findings and growth opportunities.
- Conducts cash flow forecasts.
- Performs general bookkeeping.
- Develops and implements the budgeting process and reporting policies.
- Performing revenue and expense forecasts in order to assist with the financial decisions.
- Assists with annual financial reporting.
- Performs Financial analysis and provision of insights to management on key trends and improvement opportunities.
- Executes on all Treasury activities for OVG.
- Establish and report to stakeholders on internal controls policies and procedures, operate the controls and monitor their compliance.
- Design the budget compilation process and related guidance documentation for the entire organisation ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all records are in order to allow for a clean audit by providing information for audits.
- Maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerised accounting systems so that records are accurate and up to date.
- Reports on Expenditure Management.
- Develop and maintain the filing and record system.
- Overseeing the cash flow, revenue and overall finances of an organisation.
- Design appropriate cost allocations produce long term cost plans and ensure spending is in line with budgets.
- Validates monthly reports.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Present financial reports monthly.
- Manage and respond to queries in relation to anomalies in monthly reports.
- Conducts financial forecasting.
- Conduct financial forecasts.
- Conduct trend analysis.
- Report on financial forecasts.
ENQUIRIES: Ms RRM Noge Tel: 079 894 4645
CLOSING DATE: 04 November 2022 at 16:00
Correspondence will be entered into with short-listed candidates within three (3) months after the closing date of the post. If by then you have not been contacted for an interview you were not successful in your application.
IMPORTANT: Office of the Valuer-General is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity in Office of the Valuer-General through the filling of posts. We reserve the right not to fill a position.
All applicants must be SA Citizens/Permanent Residents or Non-SA Citizens with a valid work permit. Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and/or competency assessments at a time, date and place as determined by Office of the Valuer-General. The Entity reserves the right to conduct pre-employment security screening and the appointment is subject to a positive security clearance outcome. Applicants must declare any/pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during/ after the interview took place, note that the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated.
To apply for this job please visit ovg.mcidirecthire.com.