Website Department of Public Service and Administration - DPSA
Department of Public Service and Administration – DPSA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Database Clerk in Howick, KwaZulu Natal who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
- Employer Name: Department of Public Service and Administration – DPSA
- Position: Senior Database Clerk
- Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
- Location: Howick, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Key Performance Areas: DPSA Careers today
- Ensure accurate population of non – spatial data in NRM systems.
- Capture submitted non – spatial data on WIMS which include clearing quotations, order numbers and clearing invoices on time.
- Capture submitted ID copies of beneficiaries on WIMS.
- Request project coordinators to submit correct
documents on time in order to verify and scrutinise data.
- Ensure accurate capturing of social and training data.
- Support provincial information systems management.
- Verify data by comparing WIMS information with spreadsheet information updated on a daily basis as a measuring tool for data verification.
- Scrutinise documents for compliance before capturing on WIMS system.
- Fixing discrepancies as per data analyser report, contract clearing report and training report to improve data quality.
- Provide regular capturing feedback on errors encountered.
- Verify MIS data with provincial source data.
- Provide records support.
- Ensure up to date electronically filed and archived evidence documents for all captured data.
- Check that planned deliverables have been met as per the performance agreement.
- Ensure safekeeping of documents by filing safely all received copies of data in lockable cabinets for future reference.
- Complete the NRM records register.
- Label filing-cabinets with NRM registration codes.
- Making copies of tender documents (quotations) and order number.
- Support information reporting of provincial NRM deliverables.
- Update non – spatial register with documents received and captured
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Jobs in Kwazulu Natal 2022
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- Data capturing and developing database.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Windows.
- Systematic and meticulous approach to Data capturing.
- Knowledge of Public Service and Departmental procedures and prescripts.
- Knowledge of Departmental policies and procedures.
- Sound organizing and planning skills in terms of own work.
- Good communication skills.
- Administrative skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Advanced computer and numeracy skills.
- Computer Literacy.
- Compiling spreadsheets.
- Compile reports.
- Ability to gather and analyze information.
- Ability to apply policies.
- Ability to work individually and in team.
- Good interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Ability to work with difficult persons and to resolve conflict.
To apply for this job please visit www.dpsa.gov.za.